UTS-On Call, Part Time Bus Driver with Passenger Endorsement at NC State
TemporaryEssential Job Duties:
The Bus Driver operates activity buses ranging in size from 22 passenger to 44 passenger. The Bus Driver is responsible for safely transporting students, faculty, staff and school affiliates to and from designated locations. These locations may be within the same city or different cities. Trips may be field trips or labs to extend the academic experience, sporting events or other extracurricular activities. Since the University Bus Driver accommodates student/faculty schedules, they generally work unusual hours. Hours may be early morning, late evening or weekends. The Bus Driver maintains the cleanliness, organization and safety of the bus itself.
• Picks up and returns passengers at locations specified by reservation
• Ensures that all passengers are safely and properly seated on the bus
• Observes rules of the road and drives with caution
• Ensures timely conveyance of passengers to their destination
• Ensures that vehicles are kept neat and clean at all times
• Fills bus fuel tank
• Read maps and check weather and traffic reports to determine the best route to take
• Keep all documents and receipts of the vehicle and maintenance services secure
• Maintain a travel log to record travel locations travelled to, travel time, work hours and mileage for billing purposes.
NoJob City & State:
Raleigh, North CarolinaClassification Title:
UTS-On Call, Part Time Bus Driver with Passenger Endorsement at NC StateWork Schedule:
Monday-Sunday, varied hours between 7:00am - 9pm, on callOther Work/Responsibilities:
• We guarantee at least three paid hours if you come in to work for less than three hours.
• Number of hours per week will vary based on our departmental needs.
• Drive 22 passenger to 44 passenger buses. (Anything over 15 passengers requires a CDL with Passenger endorsement.)
• Perform pre and post trip inspections of vehiclesDepartment Required Skills:
• Must have a CDL A/B operating license with passenger endorsement.
• There must be no restrictions and air brakes is required.
• Must be able to perform pre and post trip bus inspections.
• Must be able to work at any given time between 7:00 am-9:00 pm M-F.
• Must list ALL employers for whom you have driven in a CDL capacity in the last 10 years. Failure to do this can delay the hiring process if selected for hire.Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education:
• Have general maintenance knowledge of vehicles. ie. how to check oil, change a tire, put air in tires, replace windshield wiper fluid/blades, replace DEF fluid in buses.Required License or Certification:
• Must have a valid North Carolina CDL, Class B with passenger endorsement or CDL Class A, no restrictions, and air brakes.Valid NC Driver's License required?:
YesCommercial Driver's License Required?:
YesAnticipated Hiring Range:
$15/hrJob Open Date:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.