Assistant Coach - Cross Country
Assistant Coach - Cross CountryPosition Type:
EP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is administratively housed in the Office of the Chancellor. The University’s seventeen teams compete as members of NCAA Division I and the Southern Conference. Approximately 300 students are involved as athletes, managers, trainers, statisticians, cheerleaders, etc.Position Summary:
1) Recruitment of Prospective Student-Athletes (PSA’s), off-campus recruiting including competition event evaluations/contacts along with home visits, on-campus recruiting including unofficial and official visits, and all aspects of organizing/implementing these recruiting events.
2) Academic monitoring of student-athletes as it relates to their academic success and progress towards degree. In addition, communicating with academic support staff while also communicating to head coach the academic progress of student-athletes.
3) Competition assistance that includes assistance with travel organization and implementation, van travel responsibilities, athlete performance preparation, home meet preparation.
4) Practice assistance that includes van travel responsibilities, student-athlete performance preparation, organizing practice logistics, practice scheduling.
5) Communication and working with support staff as it concerns XC/Track program on a daily basis, including academics, compliance, athletic training, equipment and apparel, and strength and conditioning staff.
6) Monitoring of student-athletes’ adherence to NCAA and university rules and regulations.
7) Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by head coach.Minimum Qualifications:
A bachelor’s degree is required. Prior participation and/or coaching experience are required.Preferred Qualifications:
A master’s degree preferred. A strong understanding of eligibility rules for international students is preferred.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment Range:
Commensurate with experienceOrg #-Department:
Intercollegiate Athletics - 85001Job Open Date:
06/08/2021Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Provide assistance to Head CoachEssential Tasks:
Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.Percentage Of Time:
Game planningEssential Tasks:
Assists with determining practice/game strategy.
Assesses player’s skills, monitors players during competition and practice,
Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.Percentage Of Time:
Commitment to ComplianceEssential Tasks:
Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
Performs support tasks such as distributing and maintaining eligibility forms, emergency data cards, and other related records.
Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.Physical Effort:
Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions, Hand Movement-Grasping, Holding, Finger Dexterity, Vision-Skilled Trades, Reading, Writing, Eye-hand coordination, Standing, Sitting, Walking