Digital Marketing Specialist
Job no: 508753
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: University Relations
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Jun 08 2021
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
University Relations is responsible for promoting the university to the campus, prospective students and families, alumni, granting institutions, legislators and the general public. The digital marketing specialist will be responsible for strategically coordinating content on UMass Lowell’s web pages and other digital media to enhance the university’s image, recruitment activities and advancement goals.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or equivalent area of study
- A minimum of 5 years professional web or e-marketing copywriting experience
- At least 1-2 years experience managing projects from conception to completion
- Advanced understanding (2-5 years) of analytics and products such as SiteImprove, Google Analytics
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and communications principles
- Able to write and use images to clearly and persuasively to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to use SEM best practices to maximize interactive technologies such as blogs, social networks and video
- Experience using web content management systems, Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office, and understanding of HTML and CSS
- Exceptional attention to detail with strong understanding of user-centered design, accessibility requirements, user experience and mobile-responsive best practices
- Solid organizational skills and capable of multi-tasking
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of AP Style
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
This is a SEIU 888 Professional Union position, Grade P17.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.