Assistant Coach - Men's Basketball
Job no: 508700
Position type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Non-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Athletic Programs
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Applications Open: Jun 09 2021
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching the Division I men’s basketball program including: student-athlete recruitment, game preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination and practice and game coaching. Also provide administrative support as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assist in all aspects of the student-athlete development and performance of the men’s basketball program, to include:
• Assist in organizing and implementing the recruitment process.
• Instructing and supervising daily drills, workout sessions.
• Scouting opponents.
• Organizing and leading preseason and off-season conditioning.
• Creating a positive and productive environment for the student-athletes
2. Assist with administrative functions with the men’s basketball program:
• Responsible for managing the budget.
• Monitoring academic progress and working closely with the academic center
3. Participate in promotional and public relations to advance athletic programs by:
• Assisting the head coach in coordinating camps, clinics, and fund-raising activities.
• Providing leadership and direction to the program’s community service activities.
• Assisting in the development and implementation of marketing strategies designed to enhance the image and visibility of the men’s basketball program.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Build effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and providing assistance when needed.
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information.
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities, and roles.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.