Job Title: Office Coordinator
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228582
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Manages the administrative functions of the clinic’s front office to include supervising student workers and interns assigned to the front desk, management of the patient scheduling system, management of the patient laboratory information system, assisting with the immunization compliance system, assisting with the inventory of medical supplies and office supplies, and reconciliation of the department register. Assists the clinical staff, as assigned. Reports to the Director, University Health Services.Responsibilities
- Assist the department director with the interview, hiring, and training of student interns and student assistants. Assign and supervise student workers for coverage of the front desk.
- Maintains accurate and prompt documentation in the electronic medical record system, the laboratory information system, and the Georgia Registry of Immunization Transaction and Services.
- Perform and supervise daily responsibilities of the front office verbally and in writing to include patient communication, patient scheduling, patient check-in, patient check-out, and ordering of patient diagnostic testing.
- Assists in inventory control and supply management of office supplies and medical supplies.
- Communicate necessary information to campus departments such as, but not limited to, orientation services, student affairs, and auxiliary services.
- Assists Director and Medical Director in administrative tasks, as assigned.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support through the American Heart Association is required.Bachelor’s degree in public health, health sciences, or a related field required.
- Prior professional experience in a medical office or hospital of at least one year in duration with knowledge of medical terminology and immunization guidelines.Computer proficiency required; minimum of one year of previous experience with electronic health record systems required.Excellent customer service and team player skills required.Ability to multi-task while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail required.Attention to detail in verbal and written communications with grammatical accuracy required.Must have the ability to clearly explain guidelines, requirements, and practices to customers verbally and in writing in a courteous, professional, and respectful manner.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.