Title IX Coordinator
Job no: 501501
Work type: Full-time
Location: District Office
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Title IX Coordinator
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000 - $104,00 (dependent on experience and other considerations)
Provide campus direction and guidance to support the coordination and management of the of the College’s compliance with Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and other related discrimination laws. Serve as the primary administrator for cases alleging sexual misconduct.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Knowledge of current state and federal law and regulations, institution-specific policies, practices, and procedures identified best practices and trends in the field of education related to sexual assault, sexual harassment, intimate partner violence, stalking and other sexual misconduct practices that violate Title IX.
· Knowledge and understanding of the complaint resolution process, including informal resolution and formal investigation.
· Ability to listen, identify, elicit, and distill essential information needed to assess and resolve problems and issues.
· Exceptional writing skills, including strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to plan and organize work effectively to ensure its completion while promoting a team-oriented environment.
· Ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituencies and foster effective working relationships.
Normal physical job functions performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree; at least three (3) years of professional human resources, legal, or related experience in the public or private sector managing employee/student complaints.
· Official transcripts are required.
· Experience interpreting and applying complex laws and regulations.
· Frequent travel within the College district is required. Must have valid Texas driver’s
license for off-site travel.
· Ability to work outside normal 8:00a – 5:00p work hours, Monday – Friday, if necessary
· ***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check. ***
· Experience in higher education compliance, employee relations or investigations.
· Experience conducting investigations of claims of discrimination and harassment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinate Title IX efforts including the development, implementation and monitoring of appropriate disclosures, procedures and practices designed to comply with Dallas College policy, federal and state legislation.
· Collaborate with Student Services and Human Resources to develop and implement goals, objectives, and priorities for Title IX; actively promote the services provided; review, revise, and recommend related policies and procedures.
· Support leadership and provide direction for awareness and prevention training and activities for members of the Dallas College community for the purpose of advising, clarifying and identifying necessary action to eliminate sex and/or gender-based discrimination in all educational programs and activities.
· Develop and produce written communications, reports, emails, and guidance documents, with the ability to communicate information in a manner easily understood by diverse workgroups.
· Coordinate ongoing training, consultation, and technical assistance on Title IX for all students and employees.
· Assist in the coordination, development, and implementation of campus –based awareness and strategic efforts aimed at the prevention of sexual assault, sexual harassment, intimate partner violence, stalking and other forms of sexual misconduct.
· Develop and disseminate educational materials, including brochures, posters, and web-based materials that inform members of the Dallas College community of Title IX rights, responsibilities, and resources both within and external to campus premises.
· Assist in the prompt, effective, and equitable resolution of all complaints related to Title IX.
· In consultation with College Human Resources and Student Services, as may be applicable, make recommendations and coordinate appropriate interim and remedial measures; develop resolution for complex harassment and discrimination cases; provides advice to individuals, including the reporting party, accused party, or a third party about reporting options, processes, rights, and resources available at the College and in the community.
· Provide oversight to Investigators and Deputy Title IX Coordinators for related cases; oversee investigation efforts; ensure provision of initial remedial actions; assure compliance with timelines; deliver appropriate notice of charge, notice of hearing, notice of outcome, duty to warn, and remedies.
· Confer with the Office of Institutional Equity, including the Lead Title IX Coordinator, and provide appropriate notice of formal complaints and investigations; determine the extent of an investigation; and provide reports as source of institutional record-keeping.
· Organize and maintain grievance files, disposition reports, and other records regarding Title IX compliance, including annual reports of the number and nature of filed complaints and the disposition of said complaints.
· Maintain professional certification through ongoing training and professional development.
· Maintain confidentiality, design, and deliver training programs to all constituencies, build relationships, and balance the multiple, varying and even conflicting interests of diverse stakeholders around the politically charged subject matter.
· As may be necessary, initiate, oversee, coordinate, and conduct investigations of reports of sexual misconduct.
· Conduct a prompt, equitable and impartial interviews with identified parties and administrative inquiries into complaints, may serve as a Designated Administrator or Hearing Officer.
· Completes required Dallas College Professional Development training hours per academic year.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Senior Title IX and Equity Compliance Officer
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 08 Jun 2021 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Jun 2021 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time