Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
St. Edward's University
Chief of Staff
Office of the President
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Chief of Staff. The Chief of Staff is a key member of the President's Cabinet (senior leadership team) and provides leadership and operational oversight to the Office of the President in fulfilling the university's mission and strategic goals.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- The Chief of Staff is responsible for a wide range of matters and activities, including but not limited to:
- Partner with the President and senior leadership team and collaborate with individuals across campus through strong coordination and with a clear understanding of the university's mission, vision, and goals to actively drive the strategic plan forward
- Actively participate in university cross-functional groups including the Budget Council and University Planning Council
- Develop and deliver a framework for university strategic planning including Cabinet operations
- Ensure the President has all of the information necessary to make informed decisions
- Counsel and advise the President on day-to-day operations, ensuring efficiency, effectiveness and optimize resources, including the management of the budget for the Office of the President
- Represent the President with the Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and external stakeholders ensuring accurate and timely flow of information to and from the Office of the President
- Provide program support activities for the Board of Trustees including scheduling and staffing three annual Board meetings, ongoing committee meetings, and correspondence
- Represent the Office of the President and the university in local, state, and national organizations
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications division to deliver executive communications
- Demonstrate sensitivity, discretion, judgment, and negotiation in operations and communications for the Office of the President
- Supervise the Executive Assistant to the President and other special projects staff
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or experience
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in business, communications, higher education, or a related field, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience at the executive leadership level. Strong managerial and team-building skills, and demonstrated ability to motivate and empower direct and indirect reports to achieve area priorities. Demonstrated experience exercising judgment, strategic project planning, and goal accomplishment with a wide degree of professional maturity and discretion expected. General understanding of the external environment and how it affects academia, including political, legal, environmental, educational, financial, and social influences are fundamental. The Chief of Staff must demonstrate a proven ability to work independently, take initiative without specific instructions, build consensus, delegate to and empower diverse stakeholders.
Communication and writing skills
Refined verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are necessary.
Project management and planning skills
Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, and collaboration with senior individuals throughout the university community. Proven expertise in originating and executing operational plans, budgeting, fiscal management, measurement, and analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current higher education landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge of university organizational structure, policies, and practices
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis, report writing, and presentation development
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include a resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202015
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau webpage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency