Director of Business Development
Director of Business Development
Job Number: 89446
The Stanford Center for Definitive and Curative Medicine (CDCM) is seeking a Director of Business Development (ASA2) to direct complex programs and functions of university wide impact in consultation with senior leadership.
Housed within the Department of Pediatrics, the CDCM combines the promise and expertise of world-class principal investigators at Stanford with the translational capabilities to create the bridge from bench to bedside for truly innovative cell and gene therapies. We have launched numerous investigator-initiated trials, 10+ industry-sponsored trials, consortium trials and have several Stanford-investigator INDs scheduled for submission in 2021. In addition, we are accelerating the development of a backlog of nearly two dozen early stage therapies from work performed by Stanford scientists over the past decade. To help with clinical development, the CDCM boasts a dedicated Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Clinical Trial Office, a cGMP manufacturing facility (Laboratory for Cell and Gene Medicine) and dedicated clinical trial hospital beds in the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital. Our strong team and the infrastructure created over the last five years is now ripe for industry partnership and we need an enthusiastic, creative, business minded individual to help foster and establish these relationships.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for the corporate and/or foundation program of the CDCM. This position will operate independently in assigned areas with responsibility for a portfolio of corporate and foundation funders, including some of the university or school's most important corporate and/or foundation prospects. Portfolio responsibilities include prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation, proposal development, and coordination of internal support activities.
- Provide support for key CDCM leadership to identify joint-venture targets.
- Manage requirements for gathering and prioritization with business stakeholders in order to ensure the total solution delivered meets or exceeds expectations.
- Identifying, sourcing, evaluating, modeling, and structuring strategic partnerships and licensing transactions to enhance and expand CDCM pipeline and funding opportunities
- Develop a rich ecosystem of industry partners and assist Investigators to achieve their product goals by programmatically supporting studies and partners.
- Identify relevant external assets that align with the CDCM objectives. Lead development of road map of potential new strategic development/diversification of funding opportunities
- Represent the CDCM at the University level and to external constituencies, liaising with industry and funding partners.
- Oversee or supervise staff in the development and implementation of functions or programs: supervision of management staff.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate constituencies which could span multiple organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions using good business judgment and innovative and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage financial, organizational and staff resources.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to cultivate professional and business partnerships.
- Relevant subject matter expertise.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Additional PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (remove if none)
May work extended hours or weekends.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4112
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89446
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency