Job Number: 89899
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
To be considered for this position, please upload both a resume and cover letter, in addition to the online application.
Established in 1992, the US-Asia Technology Management Center (US-ATMC) is an education and research center housed under the Center for East Asian Studies (CEAS) within Stanford Global Studies (SGS), a division of the School of Humanities & Sciences. The US-ATMC operates as an industry affiliates program whose principal sources of funding are member company fees, other research support from external sources, and income from outreach programs such as seminars. US-ATMC programs integrate practical perspectives into international strategic technology management, along with providing analysis of research trends in selected areas of leading-edge technologies. US-ATMC's educational programs seek to provide knowledge and understanding of Asia business and technology issues and trends, their deeper cultural and historical context, and also new opportunities and challenges for US businesses and the University in the context of globalization, both for Stanford students in various technical fields, and the science and engineering research community at large. The program also adds its expertise and unique resources for following and analyzing international trends in selected research areas to Stanford's research infrastructure.
Under the general supervision of the Director (adjunct faculty) and the Senior Program Manager (administrative staff), working at 80%FTE, the Marketing Specialist plays an integral role in developing and implementing marketing initiatives for the US-Asia Technology Management Center industry affiliates program, enabling programs, services, events and/or products to meet the program's business objectives around membership, fundraising, and public outreach. This position also supports cross-functional collaboration within US-ATMC and across the university. S/he represents the US-ATMC to member companies in the US and Asia, interacting with affiliate program managers and other staff across the University and with executives of member companies and other US-ATMC external contacts worldwide. S/he is also a member of the core team responsible for developing and maintaining the public face of the US-ATMC, contributing content in various media, including its website, weekly email announcements, social media channels, public programs, and University courses.
- Execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Implement marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Write, edit and schedule select marketing communications which adhere to communications and brand strategy for a variety of channels (i.e., web, print, email, online).
- Manage the design and production of select marketing materials.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and analyze campaign/program/service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and research market trends.
- May plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Monitor and oversee product/program budgets to meet program goals.
- Coordinate vendor estimates and invoice processing.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Strong candidate has been identified
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Experience with managing projects.
- Knowledge of marketing across channels including digital and print.
- Familiar with market research and data analysis.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully,writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Location: School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency