School of Business Hangzhou, Zhejiang, CHN Full-TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Faculty Job Posting: Full-time Faculty of Business/ESL
Concordia University Irvine (CUI) seeks applicants for a full-time (ten-month) faculty position starting September 1, 2021, on the campus of Zhejiang Financial College (ZFC), CUI's dual-degree partner in Accounting located in the Xiasha area of Hangzhou, China. This is an annually renewable position depending upon the performance of the instructor and programmatic needs. Responsibilities include teaching business courses to freshmen and sophomores in our program; instructing general education courses (if qualified and approved for specific courses); conducting English language assessments; and representing CUI to the students, staff, and faculty at the partnering institution.
The Full-time Faculty of Business/ESL will:
- Teach, as part of the 27-unit teaching load, some or all of the following business major courses: BUS 201: Introduction to Business; ECO 201: Macroeconomics; BUS 225: Business Writing and Presentation; BUS 251: Legal Environment of Business; BUS 261: Business Analysis and Statistics; and MGT 321: Management.
- Instruct, as part of the 27-unit teaching load or as overload, all, some, or none of the following general education courses, according to the applicant's educational background and work experience: ESL 101: English for low-intermediate levels; ESL 102: Academic English for intermediate levels; COM 111: Public Speaking; and ENG 201: Themes in Literature.
- Complete and report student grades and assessments to appropriate ZFC and CUI personnel.
- Design or re-design syllabi for assigned courses while communicating with deans, directors, or other assigned faculty in related departments or schools at CUI.
- Assess ZFC students' (in this program) English language proficiency.
- Engage in, as part of the 3-unit service to the university requirement, either professional development activities or other service to the university, as approved by the supervisor.
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with both CUI and ZFC colleagues.
- Assist with recruitment (to CUI for the BA) and mentoring of ZFC students in this major, demonstrating a commitment to student development and success.
Candidates must possess, at minimum, a Master of Business Administration (MBA), M.S., or M.A. in Business or related majors, as well as have a TESOL/TESL/TEFL/CELTA or similar English language teaching certificate. They must also have a minimum of 4 years of experience teaching college- or high school-aged students. Applicants must be native speakers of English and actively practicing a lifestyle in agreement with CUI's Lutheran heritage. Due to the pandemic situation, CUI has a preference for applicants who are already currently living in China. US passport holders are preferred. The applicant must be in compliance with all international, national, and local employment requirements. In the China context, the latter means that the applicant must qualify for the Chinese work permit in Zhejiang Province.
Concordia University Irvine does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. CUI, in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, employs only those individuals who meet the membership requirements established by the University. You can read more about CUI's preferences at: https://cui.applicantpro.com/jobs/
If interested, please submit the following documents online: cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of philosophy of teaching, contact information from three professional references, and a copy of the transcript showing the highest degree earned.
Review of application materials begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Concordia University - Irvine Cahttps://cui.applicantpro.com