Coordinator, Pell Grants
Coordinator, Pell GrantsRequisition Number:
The Coordinator, Pell Grants is responsible for administration of the federal Pell Grant Program. The Coordinator assists in the enforcement of institutional illegal repeat, maximum and remedial credit policies, and monitors attendance for financial aid recipients. Other responsibilities include assisting, as needed, in the administration and processing of the Pennsylvania State Grant Program, researching financial aid payment problems, interacting with the Student Tuition Assistance Office, the Finance Department, and the Office of Records and Registration, counseling students and parents on financial aid, reviewing, verifying and awarding financial aid, representing the College at on-campus and off-campus events and assisting in the supervision of the office’s federal work-study students.Specific Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the Pell Grant process and reconcile the Pell payment to the appropriate school; monitor adjustments in compliance with federal regulations; receive reports through the Department of Education’s data transfer system and resolve issues; generate resolution reports.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reconciliations of the Pell Grant account; report Pell Grant awards to the Department of Education within thirty days of the award; send weekly files to the Department of Education.
• Review and verify financial aid applications and award financial aid funds.
• Assist in the administration and processing of the Pennsylvania State Grant Program consistent with State Grant eligibility and awarding.
• Process financial aid for study abroad students.
• Research and resolve financial aid payment problems including those identified by the Accounting and Records and Registration offices.
• Counsel students and parents regarding financial aid; explain the Federal Title IV rules to students and parents.
• Monitor and administer institutional policies and procedures consistent with federal and state financial aid regulations.
• Assist in the enforcement of institutional illegal repeat and maximum credit limit policies.
• Monitor attendance for financial aid recipients and make the appropriate adjustments to awards.
• Interact with and maintain effective working relationships with various College departments.
• Interact with and maintain working relationships with various financial aid and governmental agencies.
• Represent the College and the Financial Aid Office at on-campus and off-campus events.
• Assist in the supervision of the Financial Aid office’s federal work-study students.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Three (3) years relevant experience in federal financial aid programs including Pell grants in a higher education environment required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial aid federal and state regulations required.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and the Internet required.
• Demonstrated experience working with enterprise-wide systems required.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills in all media (phone, face-to-face, and email) required.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills required.
• Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities and meet deadlines required.
• Commitment to the mission of an urban community college required.
• Must excel in working as a member of a team, model exceptional service to internal and external customers, and work to facilitate change.Preferred Qualifications:
• One (1) year’s experience in PHEAA State Grant processing preferred.
• MS Access proficiency preferred.
• Banner by Ellucian experience preferred.
• Experience in and appreciation for, a collective bargaining environment preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL
Review of applications will commence on 06/22/2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
Salary commensurate with relevant experienceJob Posting Open Date:
06/08/2021Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :