Executive Director, Career Advanced Technology Center (CATC)
Executive Director, Career Advanced Technology Center (CATC)Requisition Number:
The Executive Director, Advanced Technology Center is the administrative leader responsible for center operations, including programming and services to ensure student, community and employee needs are met. Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment & Strategic Communications, this position will lead the College’s initiative to develop and run a Career Advanced Technology Center (CATC). The CATC is intended to support the talent pipeline needs of local industry and provide workforce solutions to area manufacturers. This position is responsible for developing, leading, and coordinating the launch of the CATC by working collaboratively with college and division leadership and program faculty. Additionally, the Executive Director will serve as a liaison to industry partners and external stakeholders, monitor program and project outcomes, and supervise ongoing operations of the CATC. In support of center operations, the Executive Director is responsible for the development of consistent processes and application of policy that align with the College’s administrative practices, and represents the center as a college spokesperson to the community-at-large; while fostering partnerships and relationships within the community.Specific Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with employers, professional associations and community based organizations to insure awareness of the value of ATC programs.
• Establish the ATC as a community resource and partner in economic development.
• Create outreach plans to complement strategic marketing plans for advanced technology center programs.
• Conduct outreach to industry partners and monitor environmental factors to inform development of programs, products, and services.
• Assist department chairs and division leadership to ensure all curriculum development is completed within timeline for launch of advanced technology programs.
• Coordinate internal and external resources for the development and advancement of advanced technology programs to include, but not limited to, engaging in grant writing, community fundraising, and/or assisting in philanthropic activities.
• Measure and analyze center and program performance using appropriate tools and techniques specifically related to the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
• Evaluate the need for and recommend the acquisition of equipment, materials, and facilities for the center.
• Work in coordination with the Facilities Department to address campus infrastructure and maintenance needs, and the efficient use of campus facilities.
• Direct center operations and assume responsibility for decisions related to risk management, health and safety, and communication protocols for onsite operations.
• Develop, monitor, and hold accountability for center budget and goals through annual planning cycle.
• Serve as the project lead for the College’s initiative to develop and grow an advanced technology center.
• Manage projects related to launching new or expanded advanced technology center programs, products, and services.
• Contribute to development of scope and objectives in coordination with relevant stakeholders for individual projects.
• Manage changes to project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget.
• Develop detailed project plans to monitor and track progress using applicable tools software programs.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation to include the preparation and maintenance of various reports, files, records, and other documents in a timely and accurate manner.
• Provide operations management and supervision of staff.
• Serve as the onsite administrator for students and other staff and faculty working in the center.
• Function as the onsite administrator for decision making related to emergency management.
• Collaborate with other divisions and departments to ensure consistency and efficiency of program administration.
• Communicate with other administrators, staff, faculty, external stakeholders, and various agencies as needed to coordinate activities and programs, resolve challenges, and support positive relationships.
• Establish strong community partnerships in support of advanced technology programs.
• Leverage student success principles to ensure alignment to services and program development within the college’s mission and strategic plan.
• Demonstrate solid commitment to the college’s values, goals, and equity outcomes.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant and progressively responsible experience required.
• Previous supervisory experience required.
• Strong team-building, conflict-resolution, and collaboration skills required.
• Strong organizational, management, and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
• Strong business acumen, customer service orientation, and problem-solving skills required.
• Demonstrated success in leading diverse teams and fostering a climate of inclusiveness that values and embraces all forms of human diversity is required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally) with a diverse student, faculty, and community is required.
• Must be a proactive, innovative self-starter, capable of independent action without direct supervision in compliance with College policies and procedures.
• Must have the ability to work days, evenings, and weekends, as needed.
• Ability to travel between campuses and to external sites.
• Ability to translate College-wide strategies and priorities into strategic and operational plans required.
• Previous experience managing budgets required.
• Ability to influence others of the benefits/importance of an idea or plan of action and to gain their support or commitment required.
• Ability to motivate direct and indirect reports to achieve goals required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, respect, and understanding for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.Preferred Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
• Experience leading a branch campus, satellite campus, or regional center within higher education preferred.
• Previous supervisory experience in higher education preferred.
• Previous experience in the Career and Technical Education field strongly preferred.
• Experience using an enterprise-wide system, such as Ellucian Banner is preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on June 28, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or Rank:
Salary Commensurate based on relevant experienceJob Posting Open Date:
06/07/2021Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :