Director of Technology Infrastructure
Director of Technology Infrastructure
Parkland Community College
Be a part of a dynamic and innovative team at Parkland College as a Director of Technology Infrastructure in the Campus Technologies division. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to govern all aspects of the Technology Infrastructure and work with progressive IT leadership as we continue to develop technological services for the new teaching and learning environment.
The Director of Technology Infrastructure role is to plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations of the Technology Infrastructure team to ensure the stable and secure operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly the data center, network infrastructure including Wireless, firewall, data communications, telecommunications systems, cloud-based storage (AWS and Azure), printing, email security gateway, and other system security-related systems.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of infrastructure specialists and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure that technology infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all technology infrastructure systems, including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations.
- Manage and ensure the effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, email gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Direct and administrate the printing infrastructure at the college
- Direct and administrate cloud-based solutions such as AWS and Azure
- Schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Develop, implement, maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for technology infrastructure administration and project management.
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Manage and report on the status of the team’s work requests and IT Projects Requests (ITPR) and other related tasks and action items.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end-users regarding pertinent technology infrastructure activities.
- Develop, implement, and maintain key Technology Services metrics, measurements, and related reporting capabilities of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as determined by the CIO and/or IT Leadership team.
- Other duties as assigned by the CIO
- Bachelor’s degree in computer systems design, computer science, information technology or related fields and/or five years equivalent work experience.
- Five years of experience delivering and supporting network and technology infrastructure design and operational excellence.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must pass a criminal background check with fingerprints.
- Five years of successful leadership of a technology infrastructure team
- Experience with Higher Education organization
- Experience with ERP implementation and maintenance
- Experience with IT governance and change control boards
Interested candidates may apply at: parkland.edu/careers
- Application Close Date: July 3, 2021
- Salary/Classification: $91,493.28/year, Exempt, Supervisor, Full-Time
- All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and copy of an official transcript.
- Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected]
- For further information regarding application procedures, please contact Human Resources at 217/351-2220.
- Competitive salaries and robust benefits, including medical insurance with no monthly premiums, dental, life, disability, retirement plans, flexible spending, dependent care, EAP, tuition waiver, vendor discounts.
- Work/life balance with generous paid time off.
- Collegial community of faculty and staff united in our passion for serving students, on a campus with a panoply of lifestyles, with cultures as diverse as the communities we serve.
- Professional support and deep commitment to career growth and development.
- Opportunity to contribute to an organization with a national reputation for excellence and a growing international presence.