Café Manager - Organic Krush Cafe - 502193
Café Manager - Organic Krush Cafe - 502193
**For a Limited Time, Hired Candidates are Eligible for a Sign-on Bonus**
Take a look at the Organic Krush Menu here: https://dining.richmond.edu/locations/organic-krush.html
The Cafe Manager provides management oversight of human and physical resources in all areas of Dining Services (residential dining, retail operations, catering), as assigned, with accountability to the unit’s designated assistant director.
The Cafe Manager is responsible for the daily operation of all unit functions, which may include acquisition, production, presentation and service of food and alcohol; customer relations; point-of-sale and financial functions; training and human resource management; and safety and sanitation operations.
- Manages all aspects of the assigned unit, which may include food ordering, food production, menu creation, customer service, training, safety, and financial management.
- Ensures all foods meet established standards for quality, presentation, temperature, and portioning.
- Manages all aspects of alcoholic beverage control, including ordering, storage, dispensation, service, and reporting in compliance with the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) regulations.
- Directs and/or arranges for the maintenance and care of facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of marketing, advertising, and special functions.
- Promotes the positive reputation of Dining Services and the University through effective public relations and communications with customers and staff.
- Maintains established health, safety, and service standards; follows approved sanitation codes and procedures.
- Operates and manages the point-of-sale system, following established cash handling procedures maintaining PCI compliance and confidentiality.
- Develops working knowledge of all duties; fills in for any position as necessary.
- Manages special projects, as assigned.
- Provides leadership to employees: sets performance expectations, communicates specific instructions with appropriate follow-through.
- Assesses staff training needs; trains and supervises employees in accepted standards and practices.
- Schedules staff and assigns duties. Processes payroll.
- Monitors food and labor records; reviews financial transactions to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares cash deposits in a timely, safe, and accurate manner.
- Creates and/or maintains all required logs, records, files, and reports.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT: This position requires long periods of standing and walking, and the ability to lift 50 lbs., in conditions that are often, hot, humid, or cold. Must be able to safely use and operate typical kitchen tools and equipment. Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions, on occasion.
- General knowledge of effective management and customer service principles, and ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Thorough knowledge of food quality standards, safe food handling practices, and ABC procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; good math skills.
- Ability to apply critical thinking, exercise flexibility, and work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Skilled in the effective application of time management and organizational practices.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software.
- Must have a valid Driver's License and be able to produce a driving record with a minimum of 3 years of driving history in good standing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in foodservice management or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of cook experience in a professional kitchen (degree in culinary arts may be accepted in lieu of cook experience)
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in high-volume foodservice operation.
- Safe food handler certification preferred, or certification obtained within one year of hire.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- Schedule varies on an as needed basis to accommodate business needs, events and emergencies
- This position is designated as essential personnel and, during inclement weather and emergency situations is required to be available to the University as needed
Pay Grade 6 (Hiring Range $43,383.00 to $57,468.00 annually) **Hired Candidates are Eligible for a Sign-on Bonus**
At the University of Richmond, we’re creative, inclusive, and determined. We’re Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There’s only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE