Student Experience Specialist and Academic Advisor, Storrs campus
Search #: 495349
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
Include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the planning, development, design implementation, and evaluation of activities to ensure students are achieving the established learning outcomes and retention goals for the OUA, with a specialized focused on students in the honors program.
- Advising current and prospective business students in personalized curriculum decisions including the appropriate choice of courses, scheduling of courses, selection or change of major or minor, waiver of requirements/deadlines, and related matters.
- Auditing student records to determine progress toward meeting academic requirements, probationary requirements, and eligibility to graduate.
- Creating individualized plans and programs for experiences that support students in their educational needs, career goals, and professional development.
- Discussing students’ status regarding academic warning, probation, or dismissal.
- Referring students to other student success services such as Career Services and Counseling and Mental Health Services, as appropriate.
- Creating marketing materials for various virtual venues to promote experiences of value to the development of business students.
- Providing development of and support for ongoing undergraduate activities which may include administrative work with student clubs, honors program, and experiential learning ventures.
- Assisting in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating program activities to support the business student organizations as they seek to provide experiences for students interested in business.
- Creating, maintaining, and appropriately updating files, records, and student documentation and assists in compiling reports.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Five years of related work experience. One year of experience must be serving as an advanced team member.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in creating marketing materials and distributing in a virtual environment
- Proven experience working successfully in both an independent and team environment.
- Demonstrated experience working with student organizations in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience working with college students in higher education institutions.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a high traffic office.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Access.
- Dependable transportation and willingness and ability to travel in-state and out-of-state, and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Master’s degree in counseling, higher education, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with constituents in virtual environments.
- Demonstrated experience in fostering professional relationships with undergraduate students.
- Demonstrated experience working with students seeking admission to selective admission programs.
- Prior experience working with software systems to generate and utilize data to inform decision-making.
- Prior experience working with software tools to market virtually, like websites, social media, and newsletter tools.
- Prior experience in teaching college students.
- Previous supervisory experience of student staff.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 22, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 08 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time