Pre-Award Grants and Contracts Assistant
Search #: 495333
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Grants and Contracts
The Office of the Vice President for Research, Sponsored Program Services at the University of Connecticut is seeking a high-energy administrative professional with experience preparing and processing documents, record-keeping, performing data entry, and working in a high-volume, deadline-driven professional environment.
The Pre-Award Assistant will be responsible for the receipt, preliminary review, and logging of sponsored research proposals and contracts, and for the time-sensitive organization and tracking of grant proposals and contracts to be submitted to sponsors.
Sponsored Program Services (SPS) assists faculty with the administration of sponsored program activities to reduce administrative burdens on researchers and department staff. Our goal is to help faculty win more grants and provide comprehensive pre-and post-award services, including:
Faculty Services (Pre-Award and/or Post-Award) Activities:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures and maintains complete electronic and other proposal documentation
- Reviews grant applications for submission, including all proposal documents, required forms, and signatures
- Communicates with researchers and provides critical, front-line assistance for the proposal submission process
- Uploads submissions and other necessary documents into the electronic research administration system
- Provides exceptional customer service to researchers, members of the university, and other or external constituencies.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience providing customer service, processing, and administrative support in a high volume, deadline-driven environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated superior customer service orientation
- Demonstrated knowledge of data entry and recordkeeping utilizing complex databases or electronic recordkeeping systems
- Demonstrated ability to ensure accuracy and attention to detail with a high volume of files, product, or similar
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Must be available to work until 5:00 pm daily, with the flexibility to work later as necessitated by deadlines and business requirements
- At least three years of experience providing customer service, processing, and administrative support in a high volume, deadline-driven environment
- Financial experience, or experience working with budgets
- Experience with Infoed research administration system
- Experience working in a higher education environment
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package including medical and retirement, as well as employee and tuition waivers at the University of Connecticut. Salaries typically start at the minimum of the salary band and range to the mid-point for progressively experienced candidates. Positions are anticipated to be based on the main UConn Storrs Campus. Employees are currently telecommuting until directed to return to campus or as an otherwise authorized condition of employment.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495333 and upload a resume and cover letter that illustrate how applicants (1) satisfy the education and experience requirements, and (2) effectively demonstrate how the qualifications required for the position are satisfied and contact information for three (3) professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Employment of successful candidates will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 29, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 08 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 29 2021 Eastern Daylight Time