Grants and Contracts Coordinator (Grants and Contracts Development Officer)
Search #: 495305
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Grants and Contracts
Under the general direction of the Principal Investigator (PI) and the Director of Administration, the Grants and Contracts Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and project support through tasks related to organization and communication. The Coordinator will work directly with the Principal Investigators and Director of Administration to conduct the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and facilitates efforts to secure sponsored project funds, including the development of proposals; provides technical assistance in developing grant and contract proposals compatible with INCHIP interests.
- Interprets application guidelines and advises pertinent parties regarding compliance with federal, state, university, and other agency regulations for allowable costs.
- Works with the appropriate administrator to review fiscal aspects of the proposal to ensure compliance with funding agency guidelines, including salary, fringe benefits, purchase of equipment, matching funds required, etc.
- Develops annual budgets and technical reports in collaboration with PI’s; monitors and approves all grant expenditures meeting regularly with study PI to provide updates
- Maintain communication with research collaborators including project consultants and advisory board members
- Assists with the writing and submission of research and scholarship informational reports; provides updates on the progress of grant-related writing projects including the basic editing of scholarly manuscripts.
- Coordinate work of consultants and advisory board members to meet project plans; plans, conducts and records meetings of steering committees, data analysis, and other appropriate working groups
- Assist with orientation of graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and research assistants
- Coordinate and provide support for documents involving the university institutional review board (IRB)
- Perform other related administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least three years of related experience, with one of those years in business, accounting, or grant administration.
- Demonstrated experience in data management and/or data analysis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to edit manuscripts.
- Demonstrated experience to work successfully in a high pace environment.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving and developing collaboration between investigators and institutions.
- Experience with website management.
- Experience working in a research environment.
This is a full-time, 12-month, annually renewable position. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience. Screening of applications will begin immediately. The University offers outstanding medical and retirement benefits.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495305 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 22, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 08 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time