Program Information Coordinator
Posting Code: 3110957
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Information Technology, Student Services
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
To manage, implement, and maintain automated records systems; act as resident expert for a technical agency program; perform liaison duties with internal and external customers; perform related work.Level Scope:
Regularly works on tasks that are varied and complex. Applies full range and job knowledge; frequently adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet specialized needs; may serve as lead; performs broad and/or focused assignments under general supervision; originality and ingenuity are often required to help establish procedures in functional area; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks.Essential Functions:
60% of the time the Program Information Coordinator must:
- Serve as the quality control point for program related databases. Responsible for the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures. Design manual and computer filing systems and are responsible for ensuring the uniformity of data. Requires the incumbent to work with Information Technology personnel to develop the computer programs to collect data. Maintain close contact with other departments and agencies to correct and update the database and advise users on how to obtain or submit information or documents. Serve as the help-desk for system related inquiries or problems. Provide individualized reports as requested by system users, involving querying databases to obtain individualized information.
- Considered the program expert and have a strong training role for system usage. The training role crosses unit, department, and agency lines.
- May be responsible to develop, analyze, and present technical program related group training.
- May be delegated full supervisory responsibilities for a unit including hiring, training, performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
35% of the time the Program Information Coordinator must:
- Enrollment Reporting
- Responsible for monthly enrollment reporting to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).
- Responsible for error resolution of NSC reporting errors.
- Responsible for degree and graduation reporting to the NSC.
- Working with Financial Aid to resolve federal enrollment reporting requirements and errors.
5% Duties as assignedKnowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Some knowledge of computer hardware and software installation; supervisory practices; training methods.
● Experience managing document flow.
Some knowledge of: personal computer trends, capabilities, and terminology
Experience that demonstrates good knowledge of: manual and automated record management systems.
Experience: using a personal computer for data management and statistical analyses; interpreting and applying laws, rules, and procedures; performing liaison activities to deal with individuals or resolve conflicts in a work setting.
Hourly pay ranges from $18.58- $24.77 depending on experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for 3 professional references
Advertised: June 08, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: June 22, 2021 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time