Business Operations Specialist
Job Title: Business Operations Specialist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226375
Required Qualifications Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a business-related field OR Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a business-related field Five years of experience in a university setting, dealing with financial mattersKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational and verbal/written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and other computer software/databases.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines despite often interruptions, maintain confidentiality, keep accurate records and make independent decisions
- Knowledge and direct experience in financial and budgetary practices, fiscal data administration as well as compliance and records management. Excel, Peoplesoft, OneUSG, grants
Preferred Qualifications Experience in university setting, dealing with financial matters. Additional years of experience in accounting or finance function.Responsibilities This position is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and reconciling all financial activity within the Department of Pathology, to include the Georgia Esoteric and Molecular Labs. This position will provide financial analysis to support existing and planned operations within the department, approve P-Card purchases, submit orders through Health eShop and McKesson, and approve all time cards for Pathology/GEM Lab faculty and staff. This position will be the "financial compliance expert" within the department to ensure that all AU, MCG-GHSU Foundations, and AUMA policies are followed. This position will serve as the Assistant Building Coordinator which handles badge access and submits maintenance requests for the Murphey building. He/She will collect, record, and deposit ASA testing fees and will assist with grant applications and administration. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reconcile all financial information (AU supplies and payroll, AUMA and Foundation) on a monthly basis. Includes reconciling all fund balances and GL information to ensure that all expenses are allocated to correct cost centers.
- Assistant property control officer for the department, including performing the annual fixed asset inventory. Also Assistant Building Coordinator. Perform annual space inventory.
- Monitor and reconcile the P-Card statements within the department.
- Prepare monthly analysis of Faculty Development Fund balances and resident book funds, keeping them informed.
- Works with the Department Administrator in preparation of annual budgets and reports to Dean's Office.
- Answer financial questions from AUHS/AUMA, AU Accounting, Dean's Office, supporting departments, and Foundation in the absences of the Department Administrator.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F/8am-5pm - ** Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. ** Pay Grade: 15 Salary:
$38,913- $52,533 Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until filledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Credit Check This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University