Job Title: Office Manager
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228524
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of AU and BOR policies and procedures to ensure department and individual compliance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, complete work and meet deadlines and work independently with only general supervision
Experience in a fast paced, predoctoral and/or advanced education dental environment.
Experience with Exam Soft, PeopleSoft, Axium and Banner. HR/personnel management and accounting experience.Responsibilities This position is the primary point of contact for the Department of Restorative Sciences, the largest department at the DCG that manages 25 predoctoral courses representing more than 60 percent of the curriculum. The department also manages advanced programs including the general practice residency, advanced education in general dentistry, prosthodontics specialty program, anesthetic center and laboratory, a dental production laboratory, and a coordinated research effort and research laboratory. This position is the primary resource for budgetary and personnel activities and supports the Chair in managing all departmental activities. The position has 9 administrative direct reports and additionally coordinates supervision with the Chair of 6 additional staff. It also oversees the support of 40 faculty, 15 staff, and 25 residents within 4 residency programs. The duties include, but are not limited to: Support and Advisory to the Chair Support and Advisory to the Chair: The individual in this position is critical support for the Chair toward managing broad responsibilities that meet the department mission. Examples included but are not limited to:
- Support the department's academic, research, patient care, and service agendas with support and guidance of the Chair.
- Evaluate and prioritize department workflow.
- Support personnel management and financial management under supervision of the Chair.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures by faculty and staff members.
- Maintain confidential information such as department budgets, faculty/staff salary, and faculty contracts. Ensure data security in accordance with BOR policies.
- Prepare statistical reports, sensitive documents and manage spreadsheets for the department.
- Maintain Chair and departmental calendars; Organize appointments and meetings for the department.
- Alert the Chair to department concerns, administrative policy changes and new directives set by DCG/Campus/BOR.
- Coordinate and process travel and reimbursements for the Chair.
- Work closely with the designated department course and coordinator(s) to facilitate the departments' mission.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage professional committees, events, and task forces on behalf of the chair.
- Receive, process, and relay instructions and assignments to facutly and staff
- Plan and coordinate on call,course and clinic faculty coverage for the Chair or his delegate
- Oversight for complex departmental scheduling associated with course and clinical activities that includes more than 100 full-time/part-time/adjunct faculty, staff, admins and residents. Oversight in assurance of smooth-running pre-doctoral and advanced clinical programs in support of patient-centered care, patient flow, and patient safety. Managing oversight for operations include scheduling, support and guidance of administrative assistants in all course administrative functions. Responsible for management and coordination of all HR processes such as onboarding, separation, and payment as primary contact with HR within the DCG and AU.
- Coordinate recruitment, hiring, and credentialing of faculty, staff, admins, and residents. Key member of the faculty search committee serving as the faculty search coordinator; In-depth knowledge of the People Soft HRMS data base, faculty advertisements, faculty candidate interviews , reimbursements, and new faculty appointment packages. Conduct department inprocessing of all new department faculty; liaison with the credentialing office to expedite the Georgia Board of Dentistry License and DCG Faculty Practice credentialing process. Initiate new faculty account set up and PC number set up.
- Review, track and approve faculty OneUSG entries and Effort. Monitor faculty hours worked including off campus, personal leadership, continuing education, and training. Send clinical faculty annual CE letters. Complete part-time faculty monthly time sheets and all faculties' request for leave adjustments monthly. Support and coordinate faculty annual evaluations, promotion and tenure processes, including pre-tenure and post-tenure reviews for faculty. Oversight and management for time and attendance for department personnel. Motivate and mentor staff, facilitate a good working environment, delegate departmental work load to support academic, clinical and research related efforts. Resolve disputes and grievances between staff and faculty, and ensure annual training is complete by required deadlines. Responsible to maintain department staff coverage and approve weekly and monthly attendance records in One USG for payroll processing. Responsible for updating staff PCF's and new/vacant position data In People Soft HRMS database for posting and interview new hire candidates. Conduct department in-processing of new hires, schedule all necessary program training and evaluate new hires. Manage staff performance to include: annual performance appraisals and feedback. Organize and lead monthly staff meetings.
- Critical analysis and tracking of all financial and budgetary information including monitoring expenses, purchases, oversight of data entry, monthly reconciliation of expenses. Acts independently and in concert with the Chair to ensure fiscal soundness of the department in alignment with the department and DCG budget plans. Coordinate expenses from department accounts as approved by the Chair. Manage department research and travel funds, including oversight, management and completion of the documentation. Maintains and reconciles the department purchase card. Serve as a point of contact with the Associate Dean for Business and Finance, and the Director of DCG Business Operations. Serve in an advisory role toward department budget analysis and planning. Participate in development activities toward meeting the department mission.
- Manage and maintain department budgets: Production Lab supply budget, Department account, Dental Foundation account, CE fund account, and the GHSF account to include Restorative sciences, AEGD, GPR, PROS, Esthetic Center). Review and authorize all department and resident program expenditures : check requests, IDR, PeopleSoft requisitions, dental foundation vouchers and Pcard purchases in works. Review and process orders, forms and requests for the departrnent production lab . Evaluate budget reports to manage projected annual expenses anq prepare department expense reports. Maintain a bookkeeping through monthly PeopleSoft financial reports . Process reimbursements. Perform monthly account reconciliations on all accounts.
- Monitor, coordinate, audit, maintain database records in PeopleSoft for the large volume of department associated equipment and AU assets.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
- All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.