Job Title: Office Specialist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228518
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization is required and a minimum of four years' progressively responsible office support experience.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must be flexible and able to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of modern office equipment; dental materials and dental terminology
- Process the daily flow of dental lab cases (both internal and external) for the Dental College of Georgia. Ensure all cases are logged into the database and monitor for timely processing and patient account payment. Maintain inventory of all stocked items for the DCG, ordering through People Soft, Pathways, Healthy Shop, in order to maintain required supply of stocked and non-stocked orders. Maintain and monitor accurate inventory of all commonly used supply items utilized in the DCG. Record all orders placed in the AxiUm inventory system module. Replenish stock as needed and plan for future requirements based on orders to ensure that sufficient quantities are on hand to meet the demands of the school. Track all supply orders from start to finish to ensure timely delivery and payments.
- Responsible for scheduling and monitoring pickup and delivery of cases by external labs. Reconcile lab invoices and ensure that paperwork is processed for payment. Coordinate with labs for discrepancies in charges and problems with pickups and deliveries. Work with purchasing, warehouse and vendors to track completion and to resolve problems and discrepancies concerning orders and deliveries for the DCG.
- Responsible for implant parts and bone material for the college. Verify treatment and charges are entered on patient accounts and monitor adherence to Implant and other relevant policies for college. Maintain implants, bone, and membrane levels. Fill provider Implant Requisition orders. Ensure that failed implants returns are processed in a timely manner. Place orders for parts and material through PeopleSoft as needed. Responsible for electronic inventorv control of all items ordered thru central supplv.
- Maintain inventory of Bleaching Kits and ensure that they are dispensed to providers in accordance to the protocol for the college. Assist with the maintenance of the chemical database for Central Supply. Ensure all expired materials are properly documented and disposed of.
- Responsible for maintaining precious metal inventory for the college. Issue metal to the internal lab or providers as requested. Receive and document new inventory as received. Receives, stocks, and distributes supply items for all areas in the DCG. Ensures all products are stocked in a "first in, first out" method.
- Perform all related duties/tasks as assigned by management.
- All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.