Senior Research Associate
Job Title: Senior Research Associate
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228096
Minimum Requirements Master's degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned and two years of experience in research, basic science or clinical laboratory, particularly clinical trial researchOR
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, cell biology or other natural, life, health care or materials science directly related to the research area to which the position is assigned with a minimum of five years' research and/or clinical experience; previous supervisory experienceKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Responsibilities This is an advanced professional, technical, and supervisory level in the coordination of related research protocols and the administrative supervision of research staff in support of research initiatives. Work includes responsibility to insuring compliance to Federal and State research guidelines, allocation of fiscal and physical resources and the timely completion of research projects. Employees in this class have total responsibility for project management, which may include the design of research methodology, funding proposals, selection of study subjects, and presenting of professional papers. Incumbents will serve as the representative of the PI and Augusta University. The responsibilities include, but are limited to:
- Calibrating motility and other research equipment in preparation for motility studies.
- Performing breath hydrogen tests and analysis.
- Performing repetitive thoracic magnetic stimulation studies under Dr. Rao and Dr. Sharma's supervision.
- Assisting Dr. Rao and Dr. Sharma with performing the fecobionics for colonic motility, biomechanics and biofeedback therapy project
- Screening of subjects in conjunction with Research Coordinator for participation in clinical research studies and for the various IRB protocols.
- Obtaining informed consent.
- Conducting anorectal manometry studies on research subjects, under Dr. Rao and Dr. Sharma's supervision.
- Conducting biofeedback therapy studies on research subjects, under Dr. Rao and Dr. Sharma's supervision.
- Performing neurophysiology studies such as translumbar nerve conduction studies, under Dr. Rao's supervision.
- Performing Transcranial magnetic stimulation studies, under Dr. Rao and Dr. Sharma's supervision.
- Performing repetitive translumbar and transsacral magnetic stimulation studies.
- Performing data analysis, writing abstracts and manuscripts, developing slides and posters and research presentation at national and international meetings.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: M-F *Work outside of the normal business hours may be required.* Pay Grade: R15 Salary: $38,913/annually - $50,000/annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 6/8/21 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University