Job Title: Accountant 2
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228434
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and two years of job-related accounting using Excel. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Knowledgeable in BOR Policies and procedures, and GAAP
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Must have understanding of basic accounting and computer applications
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization, analytical and multi-tasking skills
Knowledge of accounting, Excel including formulas and pivot tables to achieve management and understanding of large amounts of financial data
Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow written processes, use multiple databases include financial systems, to reconcile accounts, and to recommend solutions to discrepancies as well as continue to monitor accounts and systems ongoingPreferred Qualifications Sponsored Accounting or Research Administration experience, excel experience.Responsibilities The Accountant 2 is responsible for monitoring assigned sponsored accounts. This entails educating the department administrators and principal investigators concerning compliance issues and assisting them in managing the sponsored funds in accordance with state and federal regulations. This position will also be responsible for invoicing/reporting to the sponsoring agency, reconciling accounting records, tracking accounts receivable and preparing management reports. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing financial reports for Grants;
- Invoicing sponsoring agencies for any non-letter of credit accounts;
- Monitoring grant accounts to determine that expenditures are in compliance with agency requirements and terms of the award;
- Establishing and maintaining correct budgets for grant accounts;
- Helping educate department administrators about compliance to federal and state regulations for grants account;
- Reviewing and authorizing transfers(expenditure and effort) for sponsored accounts;
- Verifying that indirect costs are calculated correctly on accounts;
- Preparing monthly invoices for intramural grants;
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.