DescriptionUniversity of Colorado l Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine, Department of RadiologyProgram Assistant IPosition #00745410 Req # 21633Nature of Work:
This position will provide program coordination for the Department of Radiology and Education team and will manage multiple diverse projects including forecasting and planning future workload by tracking work plans and completion of work for all assigned tasks. The individual in this position will work both independently and in collaboration with leadership of both internal and external contacts that may include obtaining or providing information, preparing presentations, reporting data and distributing official memos, interfaces on behalf of the Vice Chair of Education within the University and medical communities. This position is expected to be a key leader regarding all administrative aspects of the Medical Student program within the department of Radiology. In so doing, this position must exercise critical judgment and considerable initiative in administrative management. In addition, this position is responsible for organizing and establishing work processes and implementation of guidelines and objectives prescribed by management. This will include clarifying and understanding critical and confidential information in order to provide proper support by and analyzing and reviewing problems to ensure matters are handled appropriately. Additional responsibilities for this position include multiple calendar management, generating documents, presentations, spreadsheets, travel arrangements and reimbursements, minor purchases, academic and clinical scheduling. This position provides cross coverage for other administrative staff positions as needed. This position interfaces on behalf of the faculty within the divisions supported with all levels of faculty and staff within university and medical communities.Examples of Work Performed:
- Establishes, maintains general office record systems and procedures.
- Generates and develops documents, presentations, and databases/spreadsheets.
- Assists with academic and clinical scheduling.
- Coordinates meeting space needs on and off campus; coordinates events, including selecting and scheduling the venue.
- Manages education calendars and meeting coordination by using email/MS Outlook and Doodle.
- Provides communications to and supports faculty, residents, fellows and staff within the Education Programs and the Department of Radiology as needed.
- Assists fellows and faculty with the credentialing and re-credentialing processes.
- Coordinates Medical Student activities.
- Performs basic information gathering and analysis as directed.
- Serves as the program assistant for Education, using diplomacy and public relation skills while coordinating all aspects of the program. This position facilitates internal and external, verbal and written communications for the program.
- Coordinates calendars to ensure coordination and project management efforts are efficient and meet departmental timelines and goals.
- Serves as the backup for Education team AMION clinical scheduler for all Radiology Residents and Fellows.
- Completes credentialing and re-credentialing for fellows and faculty.
- Organizes and maintains department files (electronic).
- Creates and maintains new and existing databases, spreadsheets and work files.
- Serves as a back-up for other administrative personnel within the Department, including the Chairman’s Executive Assistant.
- Assists with travel and lodging arrangements for faculty and guests.
- Prepares meeting agendas and report meeting minutes as needed.
- Conducts background research for training materials on general interest topics.
- Serves as a point of contact for the Radiology education team, using diplomacy and public relations skills.
- Responsible for daily independent decision-making and problem resolution to reflect best interest of the Education Programs and Department.
- Determines the priorities of essential issues and problems, handles directly or refers problems and issues to appropriate individual; follow-up on phone calls, email and mail; further utilizes this knowledge to organize and route all correspondence appropriately.
Salary and Benefits:
- Organizes and establishes work processes to ensure the delivery of program services and implement guidelines and objectives prescribed by management.
- Assists management by applying precedents, interpreting and/or explaining program specific policies, processes, and other guidelines.
- Conducts studies to analyze program issues and/or address management concerns related to program operations; preparing reports of findings which include solutions.
- Researches and reports on technical data on program activities.
- Estimates/forecasts budget needs; preparing budget documents; overseeing compliance with budget guidelines; recommending adjustments to remain within overall budget limitations; and interpreting budget materials, guidelines, and processes.
- Establishes and negotiates contracts with suppliers.
- Determines the content of technical publications describing program operations.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $48,144 - $52,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Four (4) or more years of experience managing day-to-day administrative operations.
Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.Preferred Qualifications:
Competencies / Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a business or health related field.
- Experience coordinating travel and related purchasing and expense reimbursements.
- Experience providing administrative and technical assistant to faculty and staff within a higher education and/or medical education environment.
- Ability to consistently represent the University and Department of Radiology in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to take ownership of a task and facilitate an excellent end result.
- Strong computer and technical skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and ability to adapt to and learn new applications quickly.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with staff, faculty and leadership.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to various situations.
- Strong team player with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and reasoning ability.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to effectively explain processes and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form, which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors.
- Excellent attention to detail in all tasks.
- Knowledge of various CU Medicine, University of Colorado Hospital and University of Colorado policies, rules and regulations.
Professional Support ServicesPrimary Location:
Jun 8, 2021Unposting Date: