University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Campus Student Services
Position #749876 – Requisition #21631
This position supports students who are exhibiting symptoms of distress which may be affecting their ability to successfully complete their academic studies. A student’s distress may be health related, psychological, economic, or related to family or social adjustments. The Case Manager supports students through a variety of interventions, referrals, and follow up services. Responsibilities also include working with campus partners to develop and implement conflict resolution strategies and processes. The Case Manager will be a point person to host structured dialogues to seek shared resolution. This position does not involve clinical counseling, clinical case management, and does not meet the supervised hours requirement for licensure.PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $51, 275 to $54, 064 The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
- A bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, health sciences, higher education, counseling, human services, student affairs, social work, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- This position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible professional experience identifying and supporting students in crisis.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Student Development, Higher Education, or related field.
- Case management experience.
- Crisis intervention and de-escalation experience.
- Training/certification in any of the following: NaBITA threat assessment tool, WAVR21, SIVRA-35 or experience utilizing risk rubrics to classify threats.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated understanding of student development.
- Crisis Management and mental health training.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jun 8, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing