Academic Services Professional
DescriptionSchool of MedicineDepartment of SurgerySurgery Simulation Specialist Position # 00772995 – Requisition #21574
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Surgery has an opening for a full-time (1.0 FTE) University Staff (unclassified) Surgery Simulation Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work:
The Department of Surgery, Office of Education Surgical Simulation Specialist (1.0 FTE), hereinafter referred to as the Specialist, under direction from the Education Manager in the General Surgery Residency program. The Specialist is primarily responsible for coordinating the testing and simulation training program as well as being responsible for maintaining simulation practice stations at all training sites. The Specialist provides essential communication and networking for the effective functioning of simulation training within the Department. An employee in this position can be terminated at any time without notice, and severance pay may not be provided.Examples of Work Performed:
Specific duties and responsibilities of the Specialist may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain simulation practice stations at various training sites
- Maintain and order simulation practice inventory
- Track resident progress on simulation throughout the program
- Improve compliance with Board of Surgery and ACGME requirements
- Become FUSE, FLS and FES proctor and maintain satisfactory proctor status
- Administer unexpected external requests for exam proctoring
- Organize simulation labs for PGY1 and 2 residents
- Assist other programs with simulation
- Special projects, as necessary
All financial management activities are under the overall direction of the Director of Education and Education Manger, who have responsibility for division and program funds, serves as the fund administrator and overall approving official. Within these parameters, the Coordinator:
Salary and Benefits:
- Manages all funds related to the simulation program, whether those funds originate from hospital support of trainees and the training program, GME support, departmental support, grants and contracts, gift funds or other sources.
- Prepares budgets and controls/monitors revenue and expenditure activity for each source of funds.
- Utilizes standard University and department systems for accounting, data processing and other computer systems, as necessary, for financial management and statistical reporting. Utilizes multiple systems for purchasing, human resources, facilities management, daily operations and other business activities, and maintains expertise in these systems.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at
$39,834 - $50,669The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, business, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance
- One year of related experience
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Relevant experience in technical/paraprofessional positions
- Ability to read and comprehend medical literature, including basic understanding of asthma disease processes, management, medical charts, and instructions.
- Ability to collect, document and analyze basic medical information
- Attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and follow through
Academic ServicesPrimary Location:
Jun 8, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University