Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado – School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of WorkThe University of Colorado Denver, School of Dental Medicine has an opening for a full-time Professional Research Assistant. He/she will conduct developmental genetics and molecular biology research, as well as assist with day to day laboratory operations and laboratory management. Professional FieldZebrafish Genetics and Developmental BiologySupervision ReceivedJames Nichols Ph.D., Assistant Professor Supervision ExercisedNoneExample of Work
- Developmental biology techniques including micro injection, RNA in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry, embryo manipulation, light microscopy and flow cytometry.
- Molecular biology protocols such as DNA cloning, CRISPR/Cas9 mutagenesis, PCR-based genotyping, KASP genotyping, qPCR, RNAseq library preparation.
- Zebrafish husbandry including crossing and rearing fish, finclipping, cryopreservation, and in vitro fertilization.
- Lab management tasks, preparing solutions, cleaning glassware and ordering reagents. Present experiment results at lab meetings Perform all research compliance activities required by the University of Colorado Denver-Anschutz Medical Campus
- Perform general administrative duties as requested within lab
- Other related duties as assigned by PI
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences such as cell biology or molecular biology Two or more years’ experience conducting research
- Zebrafish experience and knowledge of vertebrate development 2 years of research experience in cell development biology
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check
- The ability to communicate well in a team setting Excellent communication skillsExperience working with animal modelsKnowledge of cell development biology
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jun 8, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 14, 2021, 12:59:00 AM