DescriptionDepartment: Office of the Chief Research Informatics Officer (CRIO) Job Title: Data AnalystPosition #784341 – Requisition #21506
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Who We Are:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. The Office of the Chief Research Informatics Officer has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Data Analyst position.
Jobs in the Information Technology career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development, database administration, server administration, website management, programming, desktop support, and help desk operations.Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently. Department Summary:
The Office of the CRIO will empower CU-AMC to thrive in an increasingly data-driven world and will coordinate the use of information and information systems to transform biomedical research and improve quality and efficiency. The CRIO office will focus on integrating analytic and data capabilities to maximize the impact of University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus’s (CU-AMC) data assets and aid in the realization and advancement of the following key business differentiators: 1) Learning healthcare; 2) health system and research operational success; and 3) workflows and infrastructure to promote new translational discoveries and their implementation. The office will foster a data ecosystem that maximizes the return on investments in personnel, data production, and informatics infrastructure taking into account the needs of a diverse array of organizational partners, patients, and communities.Job Summary:
The Office of the CRIO Data Analyst will interface directly with various constituents and stakeholders across the entirety of the CU-AMC. The Data Analyst will analyze various institutional and research data to inform metrics and monitor outcomes of CRIO coordinated programs across the University. The Data Analyst will work closely with project and program stakeholders to analyze data across the project lifecycle, building reports and analyses for institutional decision making, project planning, and in support of advancing innovations in informatics and data science.The Data Analyst reports to the CRIO, Dr. Melissa Haendel. Additional mentoring and career development is available via multiple institutional venues. Examples of Work Performed:
- Assist in ad-hoc data analysis requests using CU institutional systems or databases
- Perform data analysis and database queries and make data available for review in a number of formats and using a variety of tools, such Tableau, R, Jupyter Notebooks, or others
- Work to improve current institutional processes by leveraging data solutions built off the School of Medicine data warehouse or other existing data marts.
- Executing data analyses for specific projects, specifically populating or evaluating metrics and measuring outcomes.
- Develop working knowledge of institutional data sources from both a business perspective and a technical perspective.
- Contributions to open source software development projects.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- At least two (2) years of professional level experience performing data analysis and experience writing ad hoc queries against production-level data warehouses/data marts.
- Experience with:
- multiple languages, such as Python or Java
- multiple environments for analysis
- virtual and technical collaboration tools, including GSuite, Slack, web conferencing tools (Skype, WebEx, Zoom), Git/GitHub, Jira, etc.
- Experience in enterprise systems and applications used in business intelligence contexts.
- Experience with the use of SQL to query and manage relational database management system (RDBMS) databases, and/or object-oriented databases; use of batch processes and content management systems.
- Experience with multiple environments for analysis, including Jupyter Notebooks, R and PANDAS.
- MS Degree in Computer Science or five or more years equivalent experience
- Experience with data extraction, transformation, search, and indexing approaches.
- Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Jenkins, Travis, and/or Kubernetes
- A generalist background with a wide breadth of skills in data analytics design and data visualization
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Commitment to requirements driven and agile development strategies
- Knowledge of full-stack infrastructure and related build and security protocols
- Working knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, Jenkins, Travis, and/or Kubernetes
- Communication skills to convey complex, technical topics clearly to multiple audiences
- A disposition to contribute to building a diverse and inclusive team comprising complementary skills and levels of experience
- Outstanding customer/stakeholder service skills
- Demonstrated commitment to advance diversity and inclusion
- Understanding best practices for data reporting and data visualization
- Professional, service-oriented individual that takes ownership of their work and is meticulous and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize as needed
- Self-starter and ability to work independently or on a team
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Jun 7, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University