University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Nutrition
Position #00611010– Requisition #21603* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Nutrition has an opening for a full-time Full Professor position. Nature of Work:
- The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is one of the nation’s premier academic pediatric programs. Its clinical and educational programs are consistently rated among the top 10 nationally by US News and World Report. The Department is seeking an accomplished scientist to further expand and complement its program of extramurally funded basic, translational, clinical and outcomes research in Nutrition Science and Public Health. This position is full-time (40h/week) Full Professor appointment. This position is a tenure-track faculty position. Duties will include independent research, teaching, scholarly activities, and service responsibilities.
- Major Research duties (100%): The Full Professor will plan, perform, and analyze research data related to community-based studies related to health promotion, obesity prevention and micronutrient deficiencies. As a Senior Principal Investigator, the position is expected to take a leadership role in planning scientific activities, keep abreast of and share the pertinent scientific Nutrition literature, participate in research meetings, conferences, and Section training activities. The Full Professor will be afforded both time and resources to promote collaborative studies and develop new techniques. As a 100% full-time research position, academic output is expected to include abstracts for presentation at national meeting per year, publication of peer reviewed articles and manuscripts, and the development and maintenance of an extramurally funded (NIH or equivalent) program of research.
- Doctor of Philosophy with focused area of emphasis in nutrition science and public health outcomes.Demonstrated 5-10 years of progressive basic, translational, clinical and/or outcome-based research experience with a track record of extramural funding and peer reviewed publication.
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children’s Hospital ColoradoMust be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
- Proficiency in study designs, ability to create and present the hypothesis Demonstrable evidence in the ability to develop hypothesis driven research in translational and/or clinical sciences related to public healthExperience with teaching nutrition and translational research training at graduate and post-graduate level Leadership experience in community-based trials Leadership of collaborative research teams
- Experience principles of Nutrition, including public health nutrition, global health, maternal and infant nutrition, and public health and food insecurityProficiency in study designs, ability to create and present the hypothesis Experience with surveillance and intervention trials involving nutrition (including micronutrients) assessment, dietary assessments, food systems in domestic and international settingsAbility to obtain peer-reviewed extramural funding
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jun 7, 2021
Unposting Date: Jun 13, 2021, 12:59:00 AM