News & Public Affairs Specialist - College of Business
Job Title: News & Public Affairs Specialist - College of Business
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 48993
College of BusinessEqual Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
- Responsible for the college’s newsletters, which includes determining content, writing articles, working with graphic designers and ensuring newsletters are distributed to appropriate audiences.
- Writes news releases, feature stories and other written content for the College of Business. Publicizes and assists in the marketing of events through appropriate media outlets. Works with the university and media outlets in pushing out communications. Responsible for maintaining, updating and refreshing news content for the college’s communication outlets.
- Writes scripts for college events. Also writes speeches for the dean and others as directed. Also serves on a writing and editing team that ensures all materials, both print and electronic, are written in a consistent voice/message and utilize appropriate AP style.
- Manages the college’s calendar by writing consistent content and ensuring the calendar is properly maintained on the college’s website. Ensures major college events are posted on the university’s calendar.
- Work with graduate programs marketing in becoming familiar with and executing marketing campaigns in both digital and print mediums, along with the use of SEO and paid search (PPC) marketing in these campaigns. Position also actively participates in the producing and reviewing of monthly analytics reports and acquiring SalesForce knowledge and experience in executing campaigns.
- Is cross-trained and serves as backup for the college’s social media marketing efforts, including writing content and executing social media ad placement.
- Assists the Dean’s Office with special projects as directed by the supervisor.
Bachelor's degree and two years of experience or a high school diploma or equivalent and six years of experience. (Note: or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to six years)
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Experience researching/gathering materials, conducting interviews, and writing articles for publication or dissemination.
Ability to write in AP format.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.