Job Title: Office Manager
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Job ID: 49061
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering - Industrial and Manufacturing EngineeringEqual Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
- Greet and assist faculty, students, and visitors and ensure the front desk is covered. Assists and answers any general questions/concerns visitors may have or refer to others when needed.
- Maintain Outlook Calendar.
- Take meeting minutes.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of Chair/Department.
- Responsible for handling all incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Keep internal calendars updated (including faculty teaching and office schedules).
- Maintain office supply inventory.
- Assist faculty with copying, scanning, etc. as needed.
- Document deliveries to FAMU/FSU when/if needed.
- Help coordinate seminars/meetings/conferences, including venues, food permits, food (delivery/setup), and clean up.
- Build/maintain class schedules each semester; includes DIS sections as requested.
- Prepares textbook orders and submits to FAMU and FSU.
- Manages folders for all undergraduate files.
- Set up class evaluation requests each semester.
- Back up travel rep for the department and for HPMI.
- Other duties may be assigned by the office manager or the departmental Chair.
Bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree with four years office experience.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and retrieve files from active or archive sources. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications and basic computer functions. Knowledge of office practices, procedures, and etiquette.
- Experience using Microsoft Publisher.
- Prior office management experience.
Written skills assessment will be requiredContact Info
Stephanie Salters at [email protected]University Information
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is an OPS/temporary Job.Schedule
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees who meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information on the Affordable Care Act, please visit the Benefits website and click on Employee Insurance Eligibility.Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.