Financial Aid & Scholarship Counselor
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Financial Aid & Scholarship CounselorDepartment:
HSC-Student & Academic Affairs-300300Job Location:
Fort WorthFull Time/Part Time:
Salary commensurate with experience within a range of $44,000 to $48,000 annuallyDepartment Summary:
The mission of the Division of Student & Academic Affairs is to create solutions for a healthier community by fostering student success. There are 12 functional units within the Division of Student & Academic Affairs: Office of Student Development, Career Center, Center for Academic Performance, Office of Care and Civility, Registrar, Financial Aid, Testing and Evaluation Services, International Services, Admissions & Recruitment, Office of University Assessment & Accreditation, Office of Disability Access and Title IX.Position Overview:
Evaluates and analyzes financial information submitted by applicants to determine eligibility for financial assistance and determines type and amount of aid to be awarded in accordance with established federal and university standards and guidelines. Coordinates and administers assigned financial aid programs such as the federal work-study program, Pell/SEOG, and state grants.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications: * Thorough working knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations, policies, and procedures. * Requires ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines. * Experience with undergraduate, graduate and professional programs, scholarship selection processes and/or Title VII aid is preferred. * Knowledge and understanding of PeopleSoft as it relates to student financial aid is preferred. * Candidate must be able to access all federal and state financial aid websites (NSLDS, COD, etc.).Work Schedule:
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm, with occasional evenings or weekends required for divisional eventsDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Financial Aid CounselorPhysical Requirements:
Sitting, Standing, Walkingo:
- Process student financial aid requests from application through disbursement, which may include, but is not limited to determining student eligibility for various federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs and package aid appropriately, awarding and counseling students on all aspects of financial aid, and importing, reviewing and processing adjustments associated with ISIRs, verification and comment codes.
- Process student loans including importing and exporting federal loan files through EDconnect; processing private/alternation loan applications and certifying loans and changes through ELM; correcting loan processing errors; and managing the application and awarding process of institutional loans.
- Process scholarships including dissemination of information related to internal and external scholarship opportunities, distribution and collection of applications, updating General Scholarship Application, collaboration with donors and other institutional partners, and organizing institutional scholarship committee meetings.
- Certify work study applications, reconcile payroll reports and monitor federal/state work study funds, review and correct student files as needed to stay within regulations.
- Provide courteous, accurate and timely information to requests or inquiries made via email, phone and/or mail. Must be able to professionally convey information to students and parents regarding completion of FAFSA, loan entrance and exit counseling, program eligibility, benefits and drawbacks associated with various financial aid programs, and new or updated regulations pertaining to student financial assistance.
- Coordinate and give financial aid presentations to students, staff and community groups as requested.
- Complete special requests or other duties as assigned.
S2151PQuicklink for Posting: