UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
HSC-Microbiology,Immunology & Gene-302800Job Location:
Fort WorthSalary Information:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
There are twenty-three full-time faculty and two adjunct faculty members in the department; they have diverse research interests spanning molecular genetics, cellular immunology, microbiology, cancer and health disparities. Our research mission is supported by more than $9 million in federal grant funding. We foster a highly collaborative and collegial environment in which the faculty, trainees, and staff work together to advance innovative, cutting-edge scientific discovery related to human health.
The department provides high quality training for students interested in careers in biomedical research or medicine. The goals of our graduate program are (1) to provide a broad and sound education in microbiology, immunology and genetics of human disease and (2) to provide rigorous research training in an environment dedicated to advancing biomedical science. The department has numerous trainees including postdoctoral fellows, students earning DO/PhD, PhD and MS degrees. The trainees and faculty in the department are a cohesive group from diverse backgrounds which fosters scientific innovation and discovery. We support graduate training programs in genetics; cell biology, immunology and microbiology; and biochemistry and cancer biology. Our faculty and trainees also take full advantage of the tremendous breadth of expertise and knowledge across UNTHSC.
We are seeking a Research Assistant who will be work closely with PhD students, and the Principal Investigator (Pankaj Chaudhary) in conducting a variety of molecular and cell biology experiments (e.g., cell culture, DNA/RNA extraction, quantification, PCR, Western blotting).Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills using a range of software programs including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, SPSS, STATA, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively; perform other administrative/clerical tasks.
- Aptitude in general laboratory procedures, techniques, and documentation.
- Willingness to acquire competence in new techniques.
• Some experience in research lab and basic molecular and cell biology techniques preferred.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pmDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Research AssistantPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Walking, Writing, Talk or Hear, Ability to communicateo:
• Performs research work in molecular and cell biology area.o:
• Assists in conducting experiments and working on research experiments such as cell culture, western blotting, and/or DNA/RNA purification, PCR, ELISA.o:
• Assembles and/or operates various laboratory equipment and apparatus.o:
• Records and evaluates data obtained from work assignments for use in scientific papers.o:
• Collaborates with supervisor or other research personnel in preparation of scientific experiments.o:
• Collects and organizes research data for project reports.o:
• Performs other duties as assigned.Posting Number:
S2149PQuicklink for Posting: