HR Business Partner II
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
HR Business Partner IIDepartment:
SYS-Human Resources-910600Job Location:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
Commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary:
Perched on a hilltop, overlooking the Downtown Dallas skyline, the University of North Texas at Dallas is the only public, accredited 4-year university in the City of Dallas. Serving Dallas Fort Worth – the No. 1 job market in America, according to Forbes – UNT Dallas has served as a pathway to social mobility since its establishment in 2010.
Join the Human Resources team as we continue our journey to transform the lives of our students through our partnerships and services to our campus.Position Overview:
The HR Benefits Partner II provides assistance with administering all aspects of human resources policies and procedures, with a focus on benefits programs. Collects and maintains HR data related to compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, etc. Including insurance plans, retirement, deferred compensation, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Sick Leave Pool, and disability programs. Provides support for all human resources related activities.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology or related field and 4 years of progressively responsible human resources experience; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of human resources management; of human resources programs such as employment, compensation, classification, employee relations, benefits, workers’ compensation, or organizational development; and of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing personnel activities.
- Skill in oral and written communication, in conducting interviews, in using computers and human resources related software applications, in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing, and in problem solving.
- Ability to explain policies and procedures to staff and the public; to maintain confidential and sensitive information; to develop and analyze human resource processes; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, employees, and the general public; to communicate effectively; and to plan, assign, and/or guide the work of others.
- Skill in using office computer information systems to organize, store, manipulate and retrieve data.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively manage multiple assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with frequently changing priorities.
- Focused on providing a high level of customer service and follow-through.
- Higher education experience
- Experience working with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management System.
- Bilingual in Spanish
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pmDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
HR Coordinator IIIPhysical Requirements:
Ability to communicateo:
Provides guidance, support, professional counsel to campus regarding all HR practices, with a focus on benefits.o:
Utilizes knowledge of various human resources functions to provide strategic guidance and recommendation to executive director. Utilizes data and reporting to evaluate and develop strategy.o:
Maintains in-depth knowledge of federal and state law, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance in all work.o:
Collaborates with other business partners and operational areas to support campus and serves as back up to other business partners.o:
Delivers and supports training in all functional/operational areas.o:
Establishes proactive working relationships and rapport and aligns as a sought out business partner and serves on committees.Posting Number:
S2158PQuicklink for Posting: