Sr. Communications Specialist (R0004256)
The Heller School at Brandeis University seeks to hire a Senior Communications Specialist. The ideal candidate is an energetic, deadline-oriented communications professional who is prepared to collaborate with the Director on communications strategy and produce original multimedia content for all of the Heller School's communications platforms. This includes our website, publications/print collateral, email marketing, internal documents and social media channels. S/he will also conduct strategic external outreach to advance Heller's visibility and brand globally.
Examples of Key Responsibilities:
- Engaging regularly with faculty, researchers, students and alumni to promote their scholarship, research and civic engagement.
- Developing, reporting and producing stories (written and multimedia) to enhance Heller's reputation, support recruitment and engage alumni.
- Developing multimedia content to complement written content, including in-house photography, basic graphic design and simple videos.
- Strategically disseminating content across communications platforms, ensuring that stories are tailored and/or repurposed to appeal to various audiences in multiple settings.
- Managing multiple social media accounts, including content creation, scheduling, production, audience engagement, performance metrics and campaigns.
- Collaborating with the Director to develop and evaluate overall content strategy, brand messaging, and performance metrics.
- Collaborating on the development and execution of quarterly print publications, biennial appeal messaging, annual admissions yield campaigns, marketing copy, email marketing and other key communications projects.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have at least five years of experience in print and digital communications. A Bachelor's Degree is required but could be in any field.
- Candidates should have a nuanced understanding of current social justice issues and relevant policy areas germane to the Heller School context, as well as a sensitivity to approach difficult topics with care.
- Must be a fast and accurate writer, able to synthesize complex information into engaging narratives targeting Heller's key audiences: alumni, media, prospective students, students, donors and policy makers.
- Experience with basic photography, photo editing and website content management systems a must.
- Experience with basic graphic design and video production and video editing a plus; in the absence of experience, willingness to learn new multimedia skills a must.
- Experience working in higher education or an academic setting a plus.
To Apply: Please go to our careers page and apply directly on our website - https://brandeis.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Jobs/job/Brandeis---Waltham-Campus/Sr-Communications-Specialist_R0004256-1