Director of Student Assessment and Program Evaluation and Lecturer/Sr. Lecturer/Master Lecturer...
University of Florida: College of Medicine
Jun 7, 2021
The University of Florida College of Medicine seeks a Director of Student Assessment and Program Evaluation. This position will provide comprehensive oversight of student assessments associated with the medical curriculum and evaluate the effectiveness of the medical student education program in meeting program goals and objectives including accreditation standards of the Liaison Committee of Medical Education (LCME). This person will provide feedback to the Senior Associate Dean for Educational Affairs, Associate Dean for Medical Education, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Assistant Dean for Medical Education Quality Improvement and Accreditation, and the Curriculum Committee.
The UF College of Medicine is ranked as the #1 Medical School in Florida and is the largest of six colleges at the UF Academic Health Center, which is located on the main campus in Gainesville, FL.
This is a 1.0 FTE administrative appointment. Salary and faculty rank will be commensurate with experience and academic qualifications.
- Works with faculty to ensure student assessments within the medical education program are well-designed, following best practices, and appropriate for the learning outcomes.
- Provides subject matter expertise to support faculty in designing, implementing, and evaluating student assessment programs.
- Provides psychometric analysis and leads standard setting sessions to improve and maintain assessment quality.
- Recommends changes to assessment programs to effectively address educational goals and learning outcomes.
- Reviews external assessments in evaluating the effectiveness of the educational program (e.g. USMLE, residency program director feedback).
- Develops and implements assessment tools as needed to evaluate the competence and preparedness of medical students for residency.
- Coordinates the evaluation of the medical education program in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Ensures feedback is obtained on faculty and educational program.
- Reviews student feedback on components of the educational program and reports findings to the course, clerkship, thread leaders and Associate Dean Medical Education.
- Monitors effectiveness of educational program at geographically separated sites/campuses to ensure comparability.
- Monitors changes in LCME standards and ensures program compliance.
Assessment and Evaluation:
- Provides expertise in the development of assessment and evaluation instruments (e.g. tests, surveys, questionnaires, observation protocols, focus groups, and scoring rubrics) to support quality improvement of the educational program and student assessment.
- Provides consultation to the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies and Director of Physician Assistant Studies on student assessment and program evaluation.
- Prepares annual evaluation and assessment reports to be shared with the Office of Medical Education, Office of Student Affairs, Curriculum Committee, Director of Educational Quality Improvement and Accreditation and Senior Associate Dean for Educational Affairs.
- Chairs Evaluation Sub-committee of the Curriculum Committee.
- Chairs Student course and clerkship review sessions.
Scholarship and Faculty Development:
- Collaborates with COM education leadership to develop an educational scholarship agenda.
- Seeks funding in support of the educational research programs.
- Provides consultative support to faculty and students including
- design of scholarly projects related to medical education (including navigating IRB).
- analysis of statistical data related to educational scholarship.
- faculty development related to educational scholarship.
- student generated educational scholarship.
- manuscript generation related to educational scholarship.
- MD, Ph.D. or Ed.D. Degree in relevant area required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in professional or graduate level education and evaluation required.
- Knowledge of and experience in test development and data analysis. Must have experience with program evaluation, psychometrics and statistics.
- Experience with performance-based assessment, qualitative assessment, and standard setting.
- Knowledge of LCME requirements is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with EMS/SimIQ reports and extraction of raw data from the LMS would be helpful.
- Excellent analytic, organizational and communication skills
Candidates must apply online at https://apply.interfolio.com and should include a letter of interest outlining their special qualifications for this position and a current curriculum vitae. Formal review of applications will begin on June 18, 2021 and will continue until a viable applicant pool is established.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.
If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.