Compliance Specialist II
Job no: 516967
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Law/Enforcement/Compliance, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:11150000 - RE-RESEARCH INTEGRITY
Rsch Regulatory Analyst IIJob Description:
Research Conflicts of Interest
- Assist in review awards and agreements, as well as outside activity disclosures for potential financial conflicts of interests (FCOI);
- Prepare FCOI management plans for Assistant Director approval;
- Assist with annual monitoring and review of FCOI management plans;
- Maintain an understanding of research regulations, ethics, and guidelines to assist in determining relatedness and to propose mitigation and management strategies;
- Maintain internal logs and records related to the RCOI program. Assist with data entry, scheduling management plan meetings, and maintaining RCOI files as needed.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of training materials and policies and procedures and provide training to campus.
Research Integrity Reviews and Investigations
- Assist the Research Integrity Officer (RIO) in administering research misconduct cases pursuant to UF and federal policy;
- Identify documents for review, catalog evidence, and maintain chain of custody. Work closely with the RIO to facilitate faculty committees, scheduling meetings, preparing materials and ensuring the committee members have all required information for their review;
- Retain familiarity with applicable policies and regulations;
Other Compliance Duties
- Collaborate with college and department level faculty, staff and administration to identify and resolve unique issues related to research compliance.
- Assist in the ancillary reviews of outside activities and agreements that involve research and international activities.
- Maintain a familiarity with UF Research contracting, award negotiation and financial management, including an understanding of 2 CFR 200.
- Maintain an understanding of regulations governing export controls and global engagement.
Commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of experience in appropriate area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience understanding complex regulations and applying them in an academic setting.
- Experience working with university faculty and staff.
- Research administration or compliance experience in an academic or federal regulatory setting.
In order to be considered, applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of professional references.
A criminal background check is required.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 07 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time