Compliance Specialist III
Job no: 516969
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Law/Enforcement/Compliance, Research/Scientific/Grants
Department:11150000 - RE-RESEARCH INTEGRITY
Rsch Regulatory Analyst IIIJob Description:
Research Conflicts of Interest
- Review awards and agreements, as well as outside activity disclosures for potential financial conflicts of interests (FCOI);
- Prepare FCOI management plans for Assistant Director approval;
- Conduct annual monitoring and review of FCOI management plans, providing leadership with summaries of issues of and recommendations as appropriate;
- Maintain an understanding of research regulations, ethics, and guidelines to assist in determining relatedness and to propose mitigation and management strategies;
- Maintain internal logs and records related to the RCOI program. Assist with data entry, scheduling management plan meetings, and maintaining RCOI files as needed.
- Create and maintain training materials and provide training to campus
- Draft policies and procedures to help ensure efficient and compliant operations
Research Integrity Reviews and Investigations
- Assist the Research Integrity Officer (RIO) in administering research misconduct cases pursuant to UF and federal policy;
- Identify documents for review, catalog evidence, and maintain chain of custody. Work closely with the RIO to facilitate faculty committees, assist with report drafting and conducting reviews
- Retain familiarity with applicable policies and regulations.
Other Compliance Duties
- Collaborate with college and department level faculty, staff and administration to identify and resolve unique issues related to research compliance.
- Conduct ancillary reviews of outside activities and agreements that involve research and international activities.
- Maintain a familiarity with UF Research contracting, award negotiation and financial management, including an understanding of 2 CFR 200.
- Maintain an understanding of regulations governing export controls and global engagement and advise faculty and staff on international research, as appropriate.
Commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area and one year of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and three years of relevant experience;or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
• Master's degree in an appropriate area
• Experience understanding complex regulations and applying them in an academic setting.
• Experience working with university faculty and staff.
• Research administration or compliance experience in an academic or federal regulatory setting.
In order to be considered, applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a list of professional references.
A criminal background check is required.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 07 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time