Administrative Specialist I
Job no: 516968
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Office/Clerical, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:32010100 - PH-COP DEAN'S OFFICE
Administrative Specialist IJob Description:
Dean’s Office Administrative Support: The Administrative Specialist serves as one of the first contact points for the Dean's Office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule and assist the Dean and Associate Deans (6 total) with coordination of meetings by reserving rooms, arranging video/phone conferencing, communicating with the meeting attendees, taking minutes, and placing catering orders, if needed.
- Coordinate faculty recruitment including, but not limited to arranging flights, hotel reservations, transportation, coordinating interview schedules, assisting candidates during their visit.
- Coordinate the college's Research Showcase keynote speaker and monthly seminar speakers travel and schedule.
- Assist Student Affairs with prospective PharmD student interviews by reserving rooms, coordinating the interview dates and times for other college faculty.
- Assists events office team with coordination of college events.
- Works in partnership with the Commencement Coordinator of the President's Office by sending calls for commencement marshals for each semester and schedules training for the marshals.
- Coordinates PROSPER application submissions and review meetings.
- Coordinates research committee meetings and communications
- Provides administrative support for various college committees (Faculty Governance and Diversity, Inclusion, & Health Equity).
- Provide administrative support for special projects for all Associate Deans as requested
General Office – The Administrative Specialist is responsible for general office support including:
- Greets callers and visitors and handles their inquiries
- Scheduling conference rooms
- Collects and distributes mail and packages for office
- Replying to correspondence on behalf of the Associate Deans (primary) and the Dean (as back-up to the Dean's assistant)
- Assisting the Communications Director by updating portions of the college website using WordPress.
Travel and Fiscal - Duties include:
- Coordinates and arranges travel for Dean's Office, such as payment of registration fees within stated guidelines, transportation arrangement, lodging, arrangement of special meetings, and receptions hosted by Dean's office.
- Generates and processes travel authorizations and travel reimbursements.
- Assists with travel arrangements for external stakeholders, including coordinating schedules, reservations for flights, hotels, transportation, registration for meetings, and any additional duties as assigned.
- Manages fiscal processes according to State of Florida statutes, UF policies and procedures in conjunction with the college's shared services center.
$20-$24/hour, commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Bachelors degree; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Critical thinking skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must understand and practice excellent customer service
- Must possess a professional attitude conveyed in all interactions, communications, and appearance—ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administrative staff, and other campus departments.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills (teamwork, responsibility, patience, empathy, and leadership)
- Experience in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, WordPress, Excel, Qualtrics and the aptitude to learn and become efficient in new software as required
- UF experience strongly preferred
For consideration, candidates must upload a resume, cover letter, and list of professional references.
The University of Florida, College of Pharmacy, strives to stimulate a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within an exceptional community of students, faculty and staff. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and are committed to developing leaders who respect, support and have a positive impact on all individuals.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 07 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 14 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time