Clinical Research Coord II
Job no: 516963
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Jacksonville Campus
Department:30090000 - JX-PEDIATRICS-JACKSONVILLE
Clinical Program Coordinator 2Job Description:
- Actively recruits and screens eligible patients for research protocols. Assists and conducts Informed Consent process. Completes Informed Consent quality assurance assignments as needed.
- Coordinates and implements enrollment and follow-up procedures to collect data from patient charges, medical records, interviews, questionnaires, and other sources. Cross-trains as backup on other studies as assigned. Creates protocol worksheets and source document forms as needed.
- Completes and submits Case Report Forms (CRFs) and pertinent study-related forms accurately and within specified time limits. Resolves any logic checks, errors, queries, and delinquencies that come up with strict time-frames. Completes quality assurance assignments.
- Performs phlebotomy or both pediatric and/or adult patients and performs all study lab processing including certrifuging, aliquoting, storage, freezer maintenance and shipping as assigned.
- Assures that study-related laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures are completed, reviewed, and confirmed when necessary. Completes grading of labs per DAIDS toxicity table and/or other study specific grading scale.
- Communicates with providers, protocol teams, sponsors, IRB, as well as others from the UF CARES staff regarding the clinical management of signs, symptoms, toxicities, abnormal labs, deviations, adverse events, etc.
- Maintains contact with study patients to facilitate study retention and their care, including communication regarding study requirements, coordinates drug dispensing with Research Pharmacist, and other procedures, treatment, etc.
- In-services UF CARES staff and other participating staff on research protocols and topics.
- Understand regulatory process and IRB and FDA requirements, ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Maintains monthly billing for study visits and documents appropriate fees on research referral forms.
- Attends pertinent educational or study activities to include some out of town meeting and reviews current literature relevant to clinical area.
$45,000 - $65,000 per year depending on education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing - Florida licensed with 1 year of Research experience
- Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and 2 years of appropriate experience
- Clinical Research Certification or acquired within 2 years of hire
- Two years prior experience with clinical trials, including HIV/AIDS
This is a time-limited position. Time limited positions are based on circumstances, such as funding sources, which control the length of time for which the position is available.Background Check is Required. To be considered you must upload your Cover Letter, Resume/CV, and 3 References. University of Florida College of Medicine – Jacksonville: Visit this link to watch the video. Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 07 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time