Motor Vehicle Operator II
Job no: 516901
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades, Other, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:68040000 - BS-TRANSPORTATION / PARKING
Motor Vehicle Operator IIJob Description:
This positions included the following:
- Operation of UF Transportation and Parking Services vehicles to provide transport for students, staff and visitors in a safe, efficient and courteous manner. Following defined policies and procedures and utilizes department-provided equipment to communicate with dispatch, supervisors and fellow drivers while staying on schedule.
- Aiding riders in need of embarking and disembarking assistance, including proper use of hydraulic lift for wheelchair riders.
- Performing required pre-trip vehicle inspections, keeping the interior of the vehicle clean and alerting lead driver and supervisor of all needed repairs and maintenance.
- Assisting with special event transportation and additional duties on an as-needed basis as directed by supervisor.
$15.00 hourlyMinimum Requirements:
Completion of ninth grade and One (1) year of relevant experience. Classified Driver License (CDL) appropriate to the type of vehicle operated required.Preferred Qualifications:
- Previous professional driving experience with transporting passengers preferred
- Skill in operating a large passenger vehicle in congested areas
- Knowledge and skill in operating a wheelchair lift equipped disabled shuttle
- Ability to maintain schedule on fixed route while performing multiple stops with pickup and drop off of passengers
- Safe driving record
- Ability to recognize need for any vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of campus parking and transportation rules and regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively with limited supervision
- Ability to read and follow both written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively
- Ability to use and operate Android and iPhone phones
To be considered for this position, please upload your resume. Cover letters are accepted and welcomed and may be uploaded as well.
All applicants must have a CDL, Class A, B, or C, with passenger (P) endorsement to be considered.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 08 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 22 Jun 2021 Eastern Daylight Time