Grand River Solutions provides a wide range of harassment and discrimination response and resolution services to schools and college delivered by professionals with direct, hands-on experience in education.
The Investigator’s primary responsibility will be to investigate allegations of sexual misconduct, sexual assault, harassment, discrimination, bullying, workplace misconduct, student code violations, and/or retaliation by students, faculty or staff of client institutions, and to produce well-written, comprehensive reports regarding complaints. Tasks will include interviewing parties/witnesses, collecting evidence, making evidence available for review in keeping with client school procedures, and drafting high quality investigation reports including comprehensive analysis, within established timelines. Investigators may be asked to engage in fact-gathering, fact-finding, and/or making determinations regarding policy violations depending upon the nature of the assigned investigation. Investigators are also expected to draft clear, understandable, and error-free investigation communications.
The Investigator is expected to follow client policies and procedures at all times, while also adhering to best practices for investigators. The investigator may also be asked to conduct Intake interviews, serve as an informal resolution officer, or otherwise assist with other elements of a client’s complaint response and resolution process.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Draft essential correspondence related to processing of complaints.
- Engage in informal resolution practices to address complaints, concerns, or allegations when appropriate.
- Conduct prompt and thorough investigations, including development of an investigative plan, identifying and interviewing witnesses, gathering and securing information and data, keeping accurate and thorough records and notes of the investigatory process.
- Conduct interviews, take accurate notes.
- Ask appropriate questions during interviews to gather information about alleged incidents of misconduct, discrimination, retaliation or harassment.
- Be able to identify and distinguish between evidence that is directly related and/or relevant.
- Prepare comprehensive timely written reports, with thorough analyses.
- Prepare for and participate in meetings, hearings or grievances related to results of investigations.
- Stay abreast of regulations and statutes relating to discrimination, retaliation, harassment, sexual misconduct and gender-based violence including, but not limited to, Title II, Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the ADA, the FMLA, VAWA, and the Clery Act.
- Work with confidential and highly sensitive information and maintain confidentiality in compliance with client school policies, procedures, and state and federal regulations.
- Maintain an appropriate professional demeanor at all times.
- Availability for travel (once it is safe to do so).
- Complete other tasks and projects as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
3-5 years of investigation experience, conducting investigations and resolutions of Title IX, judicial affairs, sexual assault, sexual misconduct, civil rights, or similar discrimination complaints.
At least two years of experience working in an on-campus position, either in K-12 or higher education.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Excellent investigative, research, analytical, oral communication skills.
- Exceptional writing skills including demonstrated skills in drafting investigation reports.
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone, email, and in-person with parties, witnesses, client representatives, and colleagues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and grasp complex issues rapidly and accurately.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive environment working directly with individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to establish rapport and work cooperatively with various levels of faculty, staff, students, and partner organizations.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and organize work effectively, and meet established timelines and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to be resilient, flexible and creative in approaching complex problems.
- Excellent work ethic and a high level of motivation and productivity.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and guidance important to the education environment, e.g., Title IX, Title VI, Title VII, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the ADA, the FMLA, VAWA, and FERPA.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Google Mail, Google Docs, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, and similar software.
- Experience conducting administrative (campus) hearings
- Experience in conflict management
- Training in investigation techniques
- Training in Title IX and/or Title VII and/or Civil Rights Investigations and in sexual assault investigations
- Experience developing and delivering training
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please email a cover letter and resume. Please include preferred salary requirements. A writing sample will be requested from those under consideration.
Grand Rivers Solutions offers a benefits package to our full time employees, including health, life, and disability insurance, retirement plans, and stock options.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Grand River Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, minority and under-represented group members, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for a disability for any part of the employment process, please contact [email protected]
As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, be prepared to present acceptable documentation upon hire showing your identity and that you are a U.S. citizen or an alien who is authorized to work.
If you are interested in exploring an opportunity to with us, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Apply for Senior Investigator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly