Professor and Endowed Chair in Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
Professor and Endowed Chair in Ethics and Corporate ResponsibilityJob Posting Number:
McCoy College of Business AdministrationPosition Description:
Texas State University invites applications for an endowed chair in ethics and corporate responsibility in the McCoy College of Business Administration. This is a full-time tenured faculty position at the rank of professor. We seek outstanding candidates from all areas of business with a distinctive expertise and focus on business ethics and corporate responsibility. The appointee is expected to have a nationally recognized research record, pursue continuing research and scholarship, and provide disciplinary expertise, innovation, and leadership. The McCoy College is interested in recruiting an individual who can embrace and enhance the vision of a diverse, collegial, and productive academic environment.
•Develop a nationally and internationally recognized research program, including extramural grant funded research, that addresses business challenges through the prism of ethics and corporate responsibility.
•Conduct and collaborate on high quality research leading to publications in top-tier journals.
•Develop and teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including online offerings, that highlight the ethical and social dimensions of business management.
•Enhance the integration of business ethics, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility into the College’s curricular and co-curricular learning experiences.
•Provide thought leadership and share insights through scholarly engagement with diverse groups including faculty, students, and external communities.
•Serve as an excellent faculty role model who inspires, encourages, and mentors colleagues and students.
•Contribute to college and university initiatives by sharing disciplinary expertise.
All positions are subject to availability of funds.Required Qualifications:
• An earned doctorate in a business field appropriate to the College.
• A record of excellence in scholarship, teaching, and service commensurate with tenured appointment at the rank of full professor in one of the five (5) academic departments: Accounting, Computer Information Systems and Quantitative Methods, Finance and Economics (which includes Business Law), Management, or Marketing.
• Evidence of a nationally/internationally recognized research agenda and publication record in the discipline with contributions in business ethics, corporate responsibility, and related areas.
• A distinguished teaching record at an AACSB-accredited business school.
• Demonstrated commitment to research mentorship and working collaboratively with colleagues.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Record of building a robust research and engagement program that advances societal understanding of business ethics and corporate responsibility.
• Demonstrated leadership in building partnerships with external stakeholders including industry professionals, organizations, and media.
• Demonstrated leadership in interdisciplinary teams.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Record of leadership in major professional organizations.
• Successful experience in writing and administering external grants.
Only applications submitted for this specific posting through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34949.
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following materials by September 15, 2021:
• Curriculum vitae;
• Application letter that addresses the above responsibilities and qualifications;
• Statement of professional philosophy; and
• Names and contact information, including email, phone, and address, for three professional references.
The confidential review of credentials will continue until the position is filled. For inquiries, please e-mail Dr. Alexis Stokes, Chair of the Search Committee, at [email protected].Proposed Start Date:
Spring or Fall 2022.Review Date:
09/15/2021Open Until Filled?:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Link: