CHWS Bookkeeper & Medical Records Specialist
Job Title: CHWS Bookkeeper & Medical Records Specialist
Location: Counseling Health Wellnss Svcs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 5835
Staff Posting Details Appointment: Regular, full time (1.0 FTE)
- Collect payment for services and communicate outstanding bills with students.
- Post weekly revenue reports to the university’s financial system.
- Prepare monthly and annual budget statements.
- Reconcile staff P-Cards.
- Write disbursements for non P-Card charges, including payments to contract employees.
- Order office supplies, furniture, and computer parts or accessories.
- Monitor professional development funds and providers’ licensure information.
- Review lab and medication charges on a regular basis.
- Primary in-house trainer and support for Electronic Health Records (EHR) functioning.
- Create and maintain/update manual for each position within CHWS relating to the EHR system.
- Build additional EHR modules and modify existing parts.
- Generate statistical reports for quality management.
- Store immunization data and manage university registration holds for those not in compliance.
- Communicate with students about portal changes.
- Coordinate computer upgrades and solve phone or tech issues with Technology Services.
- Support medical and psychology staff.
- Answer phones, greet visitors, and respond to inquiries from students, staff, faculty, and community members.
- Screen patients/clients to ensure appropriate, timely scheduling.
- Consult nurse, medical, or psychology staff to triage emergencies.
- Prepare and maintain patient/client records.
- Provide patient/client check-in and check-out.
- Provide clerical assistance with computer projects, flyers, posters, announcements, and patient/client outcome surveys.
- Respond to requests for records.
- Co-manage office mail distribution.
- Coordinate interdepartmental projects, including work with Registrar, Academic Advising, Student Accessibilities and Accommodations, as well as Student Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Training or experience in medical scheduling (preferred).
- Significant skill and comfort problem solving with technology.
- Ability to screen and schedule medical and mental health presenting concerns.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization, and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of medical/counseling records and contacts.
- Work effectively with diverse populations.
- Word processing and spreadsheet experience (e.g. Word and Excel).
- Possess knowledge of office/business technology including set-up and minor maintenance (EHR experience preferred).
- Commitment to equal opportunity/affirmative action and to creating and sustaining an environment supporting full inclusion for a diverse student population.
- Willing to work varied hours as needed.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
- Experience working in a medical clinic
- Experience working with electronic medical records such as PointnClick
- Experience working with PeopleSoft
- ResumeLetter of Interest
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.