KUPS Operations Advisor
Job Title: KUPS Operations Advisor
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 5834
Staff Posting Details Appointment: This is a part-time position (.25FTE). 10 hours per week.
- Maintain, repair, and replace station equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, the transmitter, antenna, soundboard, and certain computers.
- Adhere to FCC Guidelines. Assures adherence to FCC guidelines by maintaining station’s license, operators’ licenses, and other legal records required by the University and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). A large part of assuring adherence to FCC guidelines takes place during DJ classes.
- Advise students in technical operations
- Assist students in using the station equipment when needed. Non-technical advising should only take place when solicited by the General Manager.
- Reports to KUPS General Manager and the ASUPS Vice President.
- Regularly communicates with the KUPS GM.
- Educates, advises and mentors student staff in the day to day operations of the radio station to include coordinating all DJ classes and offering advanced radio speech.
- T¿¿each DJ classes. This includes, writing and grading exams; teach three to four one-hour new DJ classes (each offered twice for a total of eight new DJ classes) and one one-hour returning class (offered two to three times) each semester; teach remedial classes if necessary
- Manages station equipment, performs minor booth repairs, assists in any live audio needs of the station, with the help of student leaders, at the discretion of the general manager
- Meet weekly with the General Manager and Program Director in order to advise student staff in programming, promotions and fundraising, in coordination with the General Manager’s vision for the station.
- Enforces University and FCC rules/regulations.
- Prepares quarterly reports regarding station operation for the General Manager and the ASUPS Vice President, if necessary.
- Edit and revise the KUPS DJ Handbook annually.
- Assists KUPS Webmaster with web site continuity and exploring options for advanced streaming of music.
- Assists with providing equipment and training with any live radio broadcasts on campus or in the community.
- Prepared weekly log of work completed to the Dean’s Designee for timesheet approval¿
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Not Applicable. May have review access to the KUPS Budget, at the request of the General Manager.Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in broadcasting, journalism, and/or communications, and/or three years of related experience/training to include previous radio station experience and experience with radio station equipment/communication systems. or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Candidates must be fully versed in FCC rules and regulations of broadcasting.
- Ability to work in a team management structure and establish effective working relationships with students also required. Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community. Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
- ResumeLetter of Interest
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.