The Sustainability Coordinator works collaboratively with administration, faculty, staff, and students to develop, coordinate, and promote effective sustainability initiatives to reduce the College's impact on the environment. Responsibilities include educating the College community about sustainability and coordinating campus programming and activities related to sustainability, performing research about sustainability, and annual reporting.
1. Works with all aspects of academic campus community, including students, faculty, and staff to promote an
2. understanding and awareness of sustainability issues.
3. Serves a liaison between various campus entities to assure communication and resource coordination for
4. Sustainability programs and projects.
5. Implements and maintains internal sustainability training and programming.
6. Creates educational materials by writing and editing for the campus newsletters pertaining to sustainability
7. guidelines and progress.
8. Assists in defining sustainability goals and tracks performance to assess program effectiveness.
9. Works with the Student Government Association (SGA) leadership focused on sustainability by facilitating and coordinating student sustainability initiatives and related funding and serving as a member of the SGA Sustainability Commission.
10. Attends the Sustainability Advisory Committee and related subcommittee meetings and implements recommendations.
11. Serves on campus committees as assigned and attends meetings with external organizations to represent the College on sustainability issues.
12. Supports Facilities Management and other departments as appropriate in relation to implementing energy conservation and sustainability programs.
13. Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in an environmentally-related discipline, such as physical, biological, or health sciences, engineering, sustainability or an appropriately related field is preferred.
Two to three years of experience developing, maintaining, and/or managing sustainability-based initiatives, processes or programs involving the collection, analysis, and reporting of program data is required. Experience working with sustainability or environmental programs in higher education is preferred.
Effective verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to show initiative and work both independently and collaboratively with high attention to detail is required.
The ability to use Microsoft Office Suite to prepare Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and reports is required.
The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.