Student Assistant Operations and Event Staff
Job Title: Student Assistant Operations and Event Staff
Location: UWG Recruiting Location
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 228592
Welcome to one of the most dynamic universities in the nation.
Since 1906, UWG has been home to those who are eager to take their own path, learn, and grow. With more than 13,400 students and 85+ programs, we've come a long way since then. Today, we're a regional powerhouse with locations in Carrollton, Douglasville, and Newnan, Georgia, making a difference in the lives of our students, our neighbors, and the world. The one thing that's never changed: Amazing things happen when you Go West.
Becoming is about what we grow to be. UWG is positioning for Success in the 21st Century, introducing Strategic Priorities to help shape a comprehensive blueprint for our university. Relevance, Competitiveness and Placemaking serve as the pillars for the future of the institution. Learn more at https://www.westga.edu/becominguwg/index.php.
UWG Commitment Statement
Dedicating ourselves to the curation of a first-choice university.
"• Provide exceptional customer service to all guests hosting and attending events in the facility and around campus
• Execute assigned operational duties to ensure safety and security during events
• Be an information expert by becoming familiar with all aspects of the Coliseum policies and procedures
• Enforce facility policies at all times
• Understand and perform emergency procedures when necessary
• Maintain all court and event spaces throughout the facility including: Arena Floor, Concourses, Locker Rooms, and Classrooms
• Attend scheduled staff meetings and trainings as assigned
• Perform risk management checks as assigned
• Set up, staff, and break down events held at The Coliseum and around campus including: Athletic competitions, Commencements, Concerts, Move-In Days, etc.
• Work with other departments on campus such as Housing, Dine West, Facilities, Townsend Center, etc. performing duties as requested
• Perform other duties as assigned"Required Qualifications
"- Must be available to work during the summer
- Must be available to work all Home Football games (Saturday’s)
- Must be available to work all large events (HS Graduations, UWG Commencements, Move-In Days, etc.)"
Must be a current UWG student and have a minimum 2.0 GPAKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Customer service, ability to work well with others, communication, etc.
Walking, standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, and/or lifting for extended periods of time. The ability to lift 50+ pounds. Adapt to some weather conditions.Other Information
Student Learning Outcomes:
Communicate effectively with co-workers and guests, identify and solve issues that arise during events and conversions, etc.
"Career & Self-Development
Equity & Inclusion