Coordinator, Leadership and Civic Engagement
Job Title: Coordinator, Leadership and Civic Engagement
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 228442
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Coordinator of Leadership and Civic Engagement. The Coordinator of Leadership and Civic Engagement is responsible for the coordination and execution of leadership and community engagement programs and initiatives that will enhance co-curricular opportunities and leadership experiences for students and student organizations as well as assist and encourage students to be fully engaged in the university. They are responsible for the development, execution, and assessment of dynamic leadership and engagement programs on the UNG-Gainesville and UNG-Oconee campuses that contribute to equitable and accessible high-impact experiences for all students. The position reports to the Director of Student Leadership Programs. Some evening and weekend hours will be required as well as intercampus travel.Responsibilities
- Provide direct oversight and management for the Student Conference of Leadership, Leadership Certificate Program and Co-advise the Nesbitt Leadership Scholarship Program (multiple campuses).
- Serve as a member of the Student Leadership Programs Team to fully participate in strategic planning, execution and assessment of annual leadership programs including L3 Summit, Student Conference on Leadership, Leadership Lunches, Leadership Certificate Program, Alternative Service Break, etc.
- In partnership with the Director of Student Leadership Programs, advise the Student Government Association Gainesville and Oconee student leaders and activities.
- Expand opportunities for learning and collaboration through community engagement efforts including, but not limited to, Alternative Service Breaks, MLK Day of Service, Volunteer Fair(s), Community Partner Development, and volunteer tracking.
- Develop branding, marketing and promotion efforts to support leadership and engagement programming
- Provide outreach and serve as a leadership and engagement resource to student organizations to assist in leadership development and coaching.
- Active participation in strategic planning efforts of the Division of Student Affairs and service to campus and university-wide committees as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of relevant leadership and engagement theories
- Prefer demonstrated knowledge of student organization management software.
- Effective program planning and attention to detail.
- Curriculum design and facilitation for workshops, retreat, conferences.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in student leader advising; working with diverse populations; leadership development and training; and civic engagement programming.
- Bachelor's degree required
- One (1) year experience working in student leadership development, advising, and/or student involvement programs within a university setting required
- Two (2) or more years experience preferred.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
6/30/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references