Graduate Assistant - HAP
Job Title: Graduate Assistant - HAP
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 228481
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant for History, Anthropology, and Philosophy. The Graduate Assistant will assist the department with public history projects and share the research of the department with the wider community. The GA will also maintain the social media accounts that connect and inform students. This position will receive a tuition waiver for the Fall 2021 semester.Responsibilities
- Support public-facing history projects within the department and their dissemination
- Find and disseminate internship, conference, and career opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students
- Find and disseminate relevant local historical events
- Maintain the departmental social media accounts and the associated tasks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms
- Knowledge of relevant historical associations and organizations.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Student must be enrolled in the MA in History program and in good standing.
- Marketing and Search Engine Operation (SEO) experience preferred but not required.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
6/22/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references