Graduate Assistant - Sport Performance (Athletics)
Job Title: Graduate Assistant - Sport Performance (Athletics)
Location: UNG-Dahlonega, GA
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 228577
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia Sports Performance Department is seeking a Graduate Assistant Sport Performance Coach. The primary role will be to assist the Director of Sport Performance in writing and implementing comprehensive and progressive athletic development programs and the break down/analysis of heart rate monitor and GPS data.Responsibilities
- Writing of athletic development programs for minimum of two athletic teams.
- Evaluate and alter individual athlete programs
- Break down and analyze GPS and Heart Rate Data
- Lead game day warm-ups.
- Liaison with athletic trainers and coaching staff.
- Routine, daily maintenance of fitness facility.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Head Strength Coach
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong knowledge of, and/or experience with, the Functional Movement Screen and Polar Heart Rate monitors.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Excel.
- Successful candidate will need to be well versed in demonstrating and teaching proper technique for all lifts, including Olympic weight lifting variations.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Acceptance into UNG Graduate Program.
- Minimum 1 year experience with collegiate strength and conditioning or personal training required.
- CPR/First Aid/AED certification is required.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) or Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Certificate (CSCC) is required.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
6/14/2021Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.Special Applicant Instructions
- Please submit contact information with three professional references